Chapter 35 - Maxon

"Where are you going? Come back to bed." I reach for my beautiful girl with a lazy grin but she shakes her head, standing up in only my shirt. She looks so sexy with her tangled, unruly hair and it's obvious what we've been doing. My grin widens. After three more rounds Madison called it quits saying she couldn't anymore. I can't help it though, she's just so beautiful. And mine. I can finally call her mine so excuse me if I can't keep my hands off of her.

"I need to shower, Maxon." She blushes as the next words spill out. "I smell like you."

I sit up in bed, the sheets falling to pool at my waist. Her gaze goes there for a second before meeting my eyes again. I give her a look saying I know what she's thinking and her blush deepens. "I want you to smell like me, it means you're mine," I tell her and she looks away shyly admitting softly, "I was yours before I knew it, Maxon."

"Damn right you were." I crawl across the bed until I'm standing in front of her. I grab her waist pulling her to me. Dropping a kiss onto her nose I say, "There will be no one else but you, Madison. Not now. Not ever. This is it for me." I lean in to kiss her but she moves her head to the side. "What?"

"Nothing, I just don't want you kissing me." She bites her lip, a glint in her eye.

My eyes narrow. "Are you trying to tell me my breath smells?"

"No." She continues staring at me, then breaks out in a big smile at the look on my face. "I just know what those kisses will lead to."

"I'm trying not to get offended here, sweetheart."

She chuckles then wraps her arms around my shoulders dropping a big kiss on my lips. When she sees I don't show any reaction she continues pecking me on the lips and then my face. Just when she moves away I pull her to me and give her a deep, passion-filled kiss.

She moans and I pull back with a devilish grin. "Go shower, baby. I'll prepare breakfast. Or lunch. But first, let me grab my toothbrush. Don't want you not touching me because I smell."

She barks out a laugh and I grin.

Walking into the bathroom I think,

I can get used to this.

                                                                                                * * *

I decide to make us a few sandwiches since I haven't gone out grocery shopping much since Lincoln called to let me know I could stay at his beach house. He's in town and told me he bought a home not too far from here. He also told me we would meet up one of these days but he's been busy. Can't blame the guy. He's dead set on opening up his own architectural company soon. Just a year older than I, he's sure accomplished a lot.

My phone beeps with an incoming message and as if I summoned him with my mind, I find that it's the person in question.

Lincoln: Hey, man. Letting you know I'll be getting there soon.

The door leading to the garage opens in that moment and I stare up at him incredulously. I haven't seen him since our college days and it seems not a day has passed by when I see him. He gives me a crooked grin as he walks into his home.

"What's up, man? Miss me?"

The only thought in my mind is Madison. Madison's showering. Shit. I don't want him to see her. Not right out of the shower.

"Hey," I greet him, glancing behind me towards the master bedroom. "Uh, I thought you said you would get here soon?"

He nods walking over to the fridge. "That's right. I said soon. Right now is soon."