Chapter 15 - Maxon

Vanessa and Luke are sitting to my right completely engrossed in the movie. We're onto our second film and I've barely muttered a few words. My mind's been traveling back to Madison and how she completely dismissed me earlier. It almost looked like she could barely stand the sight of me. A dull pain starts in my chest. Does she really think that poorly of me? Just thinking of her avoiding me and not wanting to see me hurts more than words can convey.

I hadn't been able to sleep all night not knowing if she was safe or not. Luke eventually let me know that he had invited both Madison and Vanessa out for breakfast. A spark had lit up inside me at the thought of seeing her again. I had planned on telling her my growing feelings then only to find out she hadn't shown.

Fuck. My need to see her overrides my hurt.

I'm going to go see her, I decide.

I need to tell her how I feel and hopefully, she'll return some sort of feelings and let me know why she left. Life's too short to not go after what you want and besides, Isaiah's right. They are only here for a week. I don't want to waste any more time. With that decision made, I peer over at Vanessa and Luke who are laughing at something they just heard. It looks like they need a bit of sibling bonding time anyway and I'll be more than happy to give it to them. It gives me more time to speak to Madison without anyone listening in.

I get up and head to my room. I pick up my duffle bag and keys then head for the door.

I'm walking past both siblings when Luke sits up, catching sight of my bag. "Where are you going?"
"The gym." I lie.

"Are you serious bro? Now?"
"Yup." I open the door.

"What about the movie?!" He yells.

"Watch it without me!" I shout back, the door slamming shut behind me.

I get into my SUV and head toward the hotel Madison's staying at.

                                                                                                 * * *

I knock on the door, heart racing as I wait patiently for her to answer.

It doesn't take long before I hear soft footsteps on the opposite side, the butterflies in my stomach picking up their pace the closer she gets.

I take in a deep breath, gathering my composure then frown when she says, "Hold on, T. Someone's knocking." Her voice filters through. "Probably room service."

A spark of jealousy lights inside. Who the hell's T?

The door opens slightly and a blue-gray eye peeks out. She sighs when she finds out it's me. "Please go away."

Then she shuts the door right in my face.

I stand rooted in place though, not backing down. So this is how it's going to be? Alright, two can play this game.

"I can stand here all day, baby." I calmly tell her. "I'm a very patient man."

"And I'm very stubborn!" She immediately yells back.

"Patience always beats stubbornness, sweetheart." I fight back a grin when I hear her heave out a heavy sigh.

I will wait here all day if I have to. As long as she can talk to me and explain to me what it is I did to bother her and why she suddenly hates my guts.

When I'm determined, I'm determined and I'm not leaving until I get some answers.

"T, I've got to go. There's a very annoying man on the other side of the door." My brows dip at her word in reference to me. So I've been annoying to her huh? "Yes, it's him. Okay, bye. Take care."