Chapter 29 - Madison

Holy shit. Is the only thought in my head as I enter my house later that day. After Maxon and I ate, we hung out for a bit before I told him I had to get back home to study. He told me to study at his place but I hadn't brought any of my work with me. And thank God I hadn't. I wouldn't have gotten anything done. That man is just too much to handle at times. I still can't believe his feelings run so deep for me. That he would go as far as quitting his job, his passion for me?

I wouldn't ever do anything to compromise that. Even though my career may be a bit much for you just know I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt you. If you don't feel comfortable with this then I would quit. I would. I want you Madison. And if you don't want this life then okay, I'll find something else but I'm not leaving you. Not when I've waited so long to find you. They would have to tear me apart in order for that to ever happen. And even then, I wouldn't give up on yobecause you, Miss Rosales, are the woman I've been looking for and now that I've found you I'm not letting you go. That's a promise I can assure you I'll never break.

Shit. I feel faint just remembering those words. There are just so many things right when it comes to Maxon. Could they be true? He seems too good to be true. He really does.

"Hija?" My mom asks from the kitchen and I gather the strength to face her.

"Hi, Ma." I give her a warm hug before heading over to the sink to wash my hands.

"I made some rolled tacos if you want some." My mom tells me and they do smell delicious but, "I already ate." I tell her, face filling with regret. I love tacos. I love sushi. I'm not sure which ones all I know is it depends on my mood.

"De dónde?" From where? She asks me.

I dry my hands, getting a glimpse of the scrumptious tacos. If I weren't so full I would reach for one right now.

"Maxon took me out to eat lunch." I then proceed to tell her what transpired that day and how we went back to his hotel.

Leah walks in, opens the cupboard, and reaches for a plate. "So that's where you were all day?"

"Yeah." I pile four tacos onto her plate and she adds toppings my mom has assembled in a few glass bowls. Everything smells so good it's torture. If I had known my mom would make some I would've invited Maxon over to eat. Woah, did I just say I would invite Maxon over to eat? With my family?

My skin breaks out in goosebumps the feeling amplifying at Leah's next words. "Hmm, and what did you do at this hotel? Did you—" She glances at me over her shoulder and waggles her brows. "Get it on?"

"Leah!" My cheeks tinge remembering how he couldn't keep his hands off of me.'

"Qué dice, Leah?" My mom asks and I thank the Lord Jesus her English isn't fluent enough for her to understand at this moment.

"Nada, Ma." I try to answer in a normal fashion knowing if I rush out my response she will get suspicious and then proceed to glare at me and ignore me like she usually does whenever we don't confide our deepest secrets to her.

I glare at my youngest sister. "Not now, Leah. And for your information, no we didn't."

Although his sensual kisses down my neck could've very well led to that. I know he was feeling the same way which is why we had to break apart.

"That blush on your face makes you look guilty as hell. If that didn't happen then what did? Did you kiss him?"

I hesitate not wanting to reveal too much in front of my mother. "Uh, maybe?"

Her mouth hangs wide open. "You did?"

"Um, yeah?"

From what my mom says I'm sure she caught onto some of our conversation. "Besaste a tú novio?"