Episode 124 - 'If you disappear, I'd gladly die.'

Patron of July 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Frede)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

(L.C) (Thronedplatypus)

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Jen C.) (Katherine)

Thank you so muchhh!!

__

Episode 124 - 'If you disappear, I'd gladly die.'

Last chapter: Eugene and her group learn that promissum can be revoked if you consume a royal newborn's heart. Commander Kal began his hypnotizing, Louis, Con, and Crown Prince fell to the melody trapping them in their nightmare. Eugene broke out of the song by biting her tongue.

.

.

Only Commander Kal, Eugene, Aernest, Duke Marleigh, and Duke Rodriguez were left standing in the spacious audience room.

Eugene and Aernest withstanding his melody made Commander Kal raise a questioning brow. He stared straight into Eugene's still bright grey eyes and sneered, "Well look at you. Children are known to fear many. Death, separation, darkness, monsters, yet you've endured this melody longer than the adults. Should I applaud for remaining sane? But seeing how you, young girl, were so fearless against my king, I should have predicted this." He finished by shrugging.

Eugene didn't want to bother responding to him but soon thought of something and changed her mind, "Say... Sir has never answered my teacher's question." She politely reminded him in a calm voice.

Commander Kal hummed, "What is it? I'll answer it for you."

A hint of surprise flashed by Duke Marleigh and Duke Rodriguez's face. They couldn't help glancing back when they heard Eugene speaking so calmly. But when they came across her face, they saw that Eugene was chill with her usual blank look that showed she didn't want to be associated with anyone or bother with anything.

Eugene ignored the look in the Duke's eyes and faced Commander Kal, "Why didn't you want the King to know about Ario's death?"

Commander Kal paused for a moment before replying, "Because the King will become insane. Once he knows, it will be near impossible to use the King; after all, he is still very much useful to me."

'Useful...' Eugene pondered upon his choice of word. So what he means is that he cannot use or hypnotize people who have gone insane. Doesn't that mean that he knew about Musician Hal never being insane from the start? If that is so, why was he purposely set on inducing tremendous pain to Musician Hal then? To a handicapped person who's harmless?

Just then, Commander Kal raised his flute a bit higher and began to play a darker melody. The melody that flowed out of his flute looked alive. The melody penetrated to their hearts and clutched it tightly.

Moans of anguish and huffs of breath started filling up the hall.

The extra notes Commander Kal played made everyone who had already fallen grunted and shouted in pain. Their voice sounded as if they were experiencing a life and death situation in their dream. Just then, Duke Marleigh and Duke Rodriguez fell to their knees and soon on their faces as they succumbed to this pitch-black song.

Louis, who fell first, had the worst reaction of them all. He was paler than paper and was shaking in pain. This sight made Eugene waver a lot. The Louis who is stubborn and as strong as a dragon was... hurt? Ramon, who loves annoying her and never acts cute anymore had tears streaming down his cheeks? Aedelak and Aedelak who allow her to do anything she wants were clutching their chests in agony? Her strong teacher who taught her many things ever since she turned 3... The group she recently became acquainted with...