Episode 130 - To the forbidden room

Previous Chapter- Musician Hal woke up from his nightmares and went frenzy. Commander Kal is barely alive from his corroded head. Eugene remembers Euria and is on a 'mission' to get her back!

.

.

Aernest, Aedelak, Con, and Dea followed behind the Crown Prince, Eugene, and Hal who walked in front of the group. Duke Marleigh walked last to keep an eye out for the children from behind. Though everyone grouped for different purposes, they all headed to the same place; the forbidden room.

Originally, however, the group was supposed to only have the Crown Prince, Duke Marleigh, and Hal. But after the Crown Prince threatened Eugene with the word 'egg' and insisted that Eugene come with them to look for Euria, everyone else started joining. Aernest was Eugene's partner in crime so there was no way he was going to leave without Eugene, and Aedelak's duty was to serve Eugene so she could not leave as well, hence the group came to be.

On the other hand, Con and Dea wanted to see Sir Ario obtain justice, which is why they tagged along in the hopes of learning more about his tragedy.

Unlike the hecticness of the audience room, the hallway to the forbidden room was empty of people and empty of chaos. However, the grimness of the hallway produced a spine-chilling sensation that was indescribable even though it was decorated in fine jewels and fine furnishings. To add to the grimness of the atmosphere, only the sound of the master clock in this particular palace could be heard ticking its time away.

"Sister, I'm... I'm a little cold.." said Aernest, as he rubbed his arms to warm up.

Before Eugene could reply, she heard clothes shuffling, followed by Aedelak's calm voice, "Here you go, Young Master." she said as she handed over her outer jacket.

Aernest gave Aedelak a surprised look because he hadn't intended for anyone to give up their jacket for him. After a few seconds of hesitation, he thanked her and wore her warm jacket comfortably.

"Duke."

"!!" An unfamiliar voice that didn't belong to the group suddenly spoke out, startling the children into raising their guards.

Before anyone could scream, Duke Marleigh spoke out, "It's alright. He's your guard." Just as Duke Marleigh finished, a young man appeared in front of them out of the blue. The young man's abrupt appearance shocked everyone even more as there was nowhere but darkness for him to emerge from.

"What's wrong?"

The young man stood to one side as he reported, "There's no one in the immediate vicinity. Most of Zene's knights and servants have arrived at the Main Palace." He didn't say why but anyone could guess, it was because of the King and the incident that had occurred just now.

'But... there's not one guard?' Eugene's eyes met the Crown Prince whose expression was neutral.

As if he understood her gaze, he replied, "This place is rarely guarded. It is uncommon to pass through here as many people will choose the shortcut." He didn't mention this but not many people know where the stoned room was. He had discovered this passageway that led to Kal's palace back when he was younger.

"Ah." Eugene nodded.

Duke Marleigh nodded at the young man, "Alright. Anything else?"

The young guard nodded, "My comrades have yet to return from the search ahead of us." His meaning, something was wrong. Not only were there no knights or servants in the vicinity, but their guards had also disappeared into thin air.