Episode 68 - The Knights Destiny 5 END 'Paladin'

Patron of December 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Urousa)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

(Sachiika) (Tamara)

Thank you so much for your support!  It really means a lot!

____________________________________________

Episode 68 - The Knights Destiny 5 END 'Paladin'

THUD!--

One old noble, unwilling to bear to watch the Great Nobles be more powerful than they are currently suddenly dropped and kneeled on the ground. This action showed his disagreement with the decree, and also brought the aristocrats who were shocked by the decree back to reality. Many wanted to do the same and disagree, however they stayed still as a wisp of cold wind suddenly came from a top, giving them chills down their spines.

And just as how they trusted their intuition, a very loud slam was heard from the top, making everyone jolt in their place. Without looking, they could already tell that the Emperor was incredibly furious.

Without delay, The Emperor's voice sounded out dangerously. "You dare go against me?" Extenuating every word. Who doesn't know, to go against the decree meant going against the Emperor.

The old man, who knelt was overwhelmed with pressure, he could feel his whole head tingling and going white from regret! He thought that if he voiced his opinion, at least someone would do the same! Who would have thought no one would follow him! The old man was facing so much pressure that his whole body started to tremble. In a quiet voice, he said. "This subject apologizes."

The other aristocrats watching the old man sighed in pity. The nobleman who went against the Emperor will be facing hell and will no longer be associated with any aristocrats starting today. If that nobleman would have said something further, he might possibly even be facing execution for going against Xenperia. Also, did he not realize, the Great Noble's offspring are decreed to be Paladin to protect the Crown Prince in the future! To go against that is to object to the Prince's safety.

The very silent suffocating room was then not silent anymore as the Eunuch started rambling about what it means to be a Paladin to the children, and how important this title was because it's the closest title to the Imperial family.

Eugene quietly watched the Eunuch explain, and very quickly understood the aristocrats' reaction. 'No wonder everyone glared daggers, it was because this title is the highest honor. Granting access to the Imperial palace at any time, on top of having a status higher than a Duke. This really is the closest existence to the Imperial family, but... It's also not a real power because it's just a status. Moreover what? Stay loyal to Xenperia?' The more Eugene listened to the Eunuch talk, the blanker her face got. 'I have no rights to object!!'

On the other hand, the more the pair of siblings listened to the Eunuch going on about how this title is very appropriate, the more frozen they got. Unable to handle it anymore, Aeselak whispered. 'This award is too much sister...' Tugging the hands of Aedelak.

The loud voice of the Eunuch stopped before continuing, "Well then, please come forward and kneel in front of his Majesty Emperor to receive the Paladin brooch!"

One by one, the 8 children head up the set of stairs to receive the brooch that will represent their achievement and their future authority. The twins together with Aernest walked hand in hand and upon reaching a meter away from the Emperor, they bowed down.