Episode 139 - Headless doll.

Previous ep: Levis mentioned a stone figure being sent as a gift to Xenperia. Aernest expressed his concern over the King of Zene's health. Levis was afraid that a noble might overthrow the King of Zene from his throne. Eugene and Levis began to doubt if the hand found by the river was a coincidence or not. Lise discovers her parents are alive and that her memories were fabricated. Lea was a friend of Moniqua and Levis. Readers learn that Moniqua and Levis... eloped. hehehe. Con in distraught.

.

A brilliant light shone as they neared the exit. The light was hugging the land as if stretching out its heavenly arms to relieve people of their dark days. The contrast between the dark palace and the brightly lit exit made Eugene feel relieved. She loves black, this can be seen with her old house which was designed in mostly black and grey by a famous architect designer. But right now, she was feeling... white! White, the light after darkness!

'The first thing I'll do when I go back home is go shopping!' She thought as she walked out of the darkness. She will buy white clothes and throw away her black ones hehe!

As the sunray hit Eugene on her face, she exhaled softly. 'Finally, it's over. Finally.' She felt nothing but relief and freedom as she stood there with the sun shining on her face.

'Hehe!' She couldn't help herself from chucking. The sun. The sun was shining with such casual elegance. Each day, the sun shines happily to the world, bringing joy to people to enjoy its warmth. This gave her a slightly odd feeling.

'Was this world always this beautiful?' She asked herself as she glanced around. Below her feet were the softest grass she's ever felt. Okay. The grass part is a bit of an exaggeration. But in front of her was a beautiful fountain, and beyond that fountain was a flower garden that stretches far and wide along the Royal Lake.

'Wait a minute.' She paused suddenly. 'Royal Lake?' These two words sucked Eugene's happiness back into her pores. Buying white clothes? She's not a nun or a saint! Why would she ever buy white clothes? To get them dirty quickly? No way! Waste of money!

The colorful world suddenly became 20% dimmer. Tsk.

Levis said suddenly, "Your brothers are nearby. Even though you separated for a short time, you must miss them very much right?" There was a hint of teasing in his voice.

Aernest stepped on Levis's trap and excitedly answered, "Mee! Mee!! I miss Eldest brother! And big brother Ramon so so much! I miss them!!" He raised his hands and gave Levis a wide grin.

Moniqua laughed out loud and glanced at the twins, "What about you two? Do you miss your brothers?"

Eugene turned to Moniqua with an 'Are-you-serious-look'. She was kind of... just a little bit offended by whatever nonsense this woman just said okay? What is she? A kid? Suddenly Eugene glanced at her small body.

"....."

'Damn it! I am a kid!' She wanted to cry big tears to show how sad she was!

Euria chucked softly and answered with one word, "Sure!" Not yes! But sure!

Moniqua laughed and rubbed Euria's head. She then turned to Eugene and saw her express her deepest sorrow. Her eyes widened a bit from surprise, 'She has truly matured to the point where she can express these emotions on her face now.'Her eyes curved into a motherly smile the more she looked at Eugene.

'Yes. Yes. Out of everyone, Eugeneia must miss her brothers the most!' She concluded from Eugene's not so beautiful expression. She turned to Levis who nodded at her, telling her that he is with her opinion.