Episode 54 - The Aftermath 3 END 'Without a shred of blood 2'

Who on earth planned out this perfect plan to capture a country?

The plan to acquire Serv was planned out by Duke Irvin Graeme and Duke Earnest Marleigh, which at first greatly shocked the Emperor and the other nobles at the Royal court.

Half of the noble families wanted to wage war and show the whole world the almighty power of Xenperia, to show them that this was not a country you can mess around with. Of course, this was quickly vetoed by the remaining half of the noble families, especially the Great Nobles, thinking that this plan was incredibly stupid and reckless; costing more manpower, resources, and money. Why would they want to spend all that when they can just take it easily without lifting a finger?

So rather than lifting a finger, Duke Marleigh and Duke Graeme suggested putting an intense amount of pressure on both Serv and the Southern continent before plainly asking for the country. Of course, this got the nobles to think that the Great Hero's have finally lost their minds, many doubting such a thing would work but who would've guessed the Southern Continent would agree to hand over Serv without any struggles? Who would have guessed Serv would stay quiet and go on about their farming lives without even so much of a word?

Because of this, the whole nobleman society once again realized that the Great Nobles weren't people they should mess around with. What's scarier than getting a country without any fighting, simply by going along with the flow, twisting and tweaking things here and there. Manipulating and taking advantage of other countries without them even knowing, and before they would have realized what had happened, it would have all been too late. Serv would have already grown to be one of the most powerful and valuable countries in the Southern Continent. People who would then realize what had happened would already be covering from fear. The late message they finally got would be...-Without a shed of blood, we will and can get what we want.

One day, on a fine afternoon, where warmth radiated onto the 6 leaders of Xenperia...

"You've come up with a very good plan Irvin, Earnest."

Emperor Zen complimented the two, slightly raising his brows as he sips on his tea. The 6 men finally had an hour break after constantly pulling all-nighters to investigate the incident.

"It was Irvin...."

Earnest softly mumbled, shifting the compliment to the person beside him...

"What was it again? Your talent of sniffing for money?"

Clyde raised his brows, looking towards Irvin.

"*Ahem* It's called intuition."

Irvin corrected Clyde, shaking his head to deny the unbecoming actions of sniffing for money.

"Tsk.." (Clyde)

"Remember when we went on the trip to Serv 7 years ago to sign the treaty? There was not a single fisherman out in sea even though we came across so sea creatures?"

Levis explained.

"... How am I supposed to remember things that occurred 7 years ago..."

Clyde complained, staring at Levis and Irvin as if they were aliens.

"I don't remember as well..."

Amos stroked his chins trying to remember the exact events.

"That too, but I think there's something more to Serv!"

Irvin said in a serious voice.

"What is it?" (Emperor Zen)

"I said it's my intuition!"

Irvin proudly looked at his group of friends who were deadpanned staring at him, speechless at his proud attitude.

"......." (Everyone)

"Hey!" (Irvin)

"How will you deal with the Noble family from Serv?"

Unable to take it anymore, Emperor Zen shifted the conversation to Clyde who is in charge of the criminals.

"Choke them to death"

Clyde gritted his teeth in anger, wanting to go over and choke them as soon as possible but knew that they were still needed for interrogation.

When Clyde investigated the lady's family, he found no evidence of them ever being involved in the attempted assassination of the Crown Prince. They were completely innocent. However, even though they were completely innocent, they were still of blood ties with the vile lady!

As for Lady Aiya, for one reason or the other, even when all the evidence was pointing at her, she still claimed that it was the young man who instigated the whole thing and that he was the true mastermind. This of course was just a claim, and not something that can be verified anymore because the man was dead. However, it was also true that the man was suspicious and that was why Clyde couldn't just choke this family to death just yet!

"I agree"

Earnest nodded.

"Huh? Why would you agree?"

Irvin looked at Earnest in shock.

"The children...Poison.."

Earnest hands tightened around his cup handle, staring daggers into his tea. --If the children were too late to escape from the room, they might've already...

"I.. I didn't know you cared for them that much..."

Emperor Zen stuttered, his eyes widened in shock.

"Are you getting married then?"

Levis teased Earnest who ignored him by changing his line of sight to a random tree. Completely rejecting that idea.

"......."

"Haa.... "

Clyde deeply exhaled, everywhere he went, marriage would be the number one thing people mentioned the most.

"You too! Stop playing around going people to people!"

Emperor Zen shook his head, unable to comprehend this friend of his. Seeing Emperor Zen shaking his head in disappointment, everyone else followed along, Earnest included.

"Why should I?"

Clyde retorted back in annoyance.

"I bet you have an illegitimate child somewhere out there."

Irvin chipped in, his sneaky face smiling at Clyde while fanning himself with his paper fan.

"What did you say, you bastard!?"

In a quick motion, Clyde rose up from his seat, preparing to head over and beat Irvin up.

"Indeed, I can see that happening."

Levis added, nodding his head to Irvin's claim.

"HEY!"

A few months after the incident with Serv and Xenperia, the Imperial family would once again shock the country with another big announcement, this so especially shocked the noble society of Xenperia.

________

Any Donation or Patreon subscriptions will go into creating more content! Your/Any investments will ensure that I have the internet to upload my novels to Scribblehub, Wattpad, Webnovel, Creative Novels, & RoyalRoads, make sure I am able to keep MCIuitW web-novel free to read, & invest in gadgets that will take this novel to a new level. For example, hiring an editor to edit MCIuitW, finance a computer to draw free Webtoon illustrations of this novel & more... For more information, please check out my Patreon goals, below the about section of my Patreon page.