Episode 151 - Goodbye for a moment (Book II End)

A few months later...

No longer was the season sunny and warm. No longer were leaves holding tree branches for dear life. As everyone was getting lost in time to heal, autumn arrived. Autumn is the season for nostalgia and goodbyes, not the freshness and youth that you feel and experience during the summer. And the sentimental feeling was especially strong this year.

Eugene and Aernest coupled up to go on about their days as usual. They were a frequently seen duo, but people watching them did not see them as siblings, but rather a master and a servant relationship. It was obvious who was the master and who was the servant.

The duo trained to get stronger with each passing day. Aernest was a slow learner, but he never gave up and tried his hardest to understand every subject. And having Eugene by his side, who would understand everything from the start, did not detract from his motivation, but rather increased it. However, if he were to be studying with Euria or Louis, he might've not been as motivated.

His three siblings were geniuses in their own different ways. Though Louis and Eugene were frequently compared, he knows from observation that Louis and Euria were more similar in the arts of study. They make no effort to understand anything, whether it's training or studying. But he still did not put Eugene in Louis' group because she puts in extra effort and reviews even when she did not have to. Eugene was the type of person who works hard and tries her best, which was why he gained a lot of motivation studying besides her.

Aernest turned to Eugene who was looking at the massive amount of leaves crowding by the tree, and asked, "Sister, do you know what day it is today?" As he asked, his voice was filled with a lot of nostalgia.

Eugene turned to Aernest. She thought for a few seconds before shaking her head, "No." She replied.

Aernest chuckled half heartedly before exhaling loudly. He knew that his dearest sister would forget so he reminded her, "It's the day sister Aedelak and Eldest brother leaves." There was sadness in his voice as he reminded her.

Eugene's face changed into one of realization and her mouth parted slightly, "Oh..." She had completely forgotten.

"They leave for the academy today." His eyes looked sad but they nevertheless still curved; A smile of acknowledgement and happiness for Aedelak and his brother's their vast future.

Aedelak and Louis were supposed to start school two months ago, but that was postponed. There were numerous obvious reasons, one of which was for the two to rest. And because they needed to rest, they put off enrolling in the academy for three months.

Eugene raised a brow at Aernest. If she remembered correctly, Aernest had been crying uncontrollably when Levis came to tell them this news during their morning training back when she had just turned three. It has been about half a year since that day, but Aernest has become much more mature seeing as he was happy that they were leaving and not sad. Eugene of course wasn't about to praise him and teased him instead.

"I remember a certain crying, his snots and eyes out..." She dragged on her words as she glanced to the sky. Her lips however were curved up, looking incredibly sarcastic.

"..." Aernest's face cracked and he pouted. His face was showing a 'You're-bullying-me-again!' look and when Eugene saw that, she laughed out loud.

"Hahaha!" She shook her head as she smiled at Aernest.

"Che." Aernest rolled his eyes and turned away, "I remember a certain someone being unable to laugh for 3 years." He jabbed back at her, his face looking as sarcastic as Eugene's face did.