Episode 136- Familiar warmth and smell

Previous Chapter: Dea finds out that their grandmother has long since passed away. Was fatally stabbed by Ario in the chest. Con lost his arm from a careless mistake. Aedelak and Musician Hal began fighting with frantic Ario who kept on aiming for Eugene. Aedelak has no way of escaping the sharp object thrust at her.

.

.

.

"DI-"

'Prohibere.'

Euria's eyes flashed red as her nails into her fist."AEDELAK!" Eugene and Aernest shouted for Aedelak as they watched Ario thrust his knife at Aedelak. Everyone watched as the knife reached Aedelak in slow motion.

But just as the knife was 1mm away from piercing through Aedelak, it stopped as if it couldn't go any further. Everyone sucked in their breath as they watched the knife freeze, no- as Ario froze in his spot. His frightening witch-like expression was still plastered to his face as he froze with one foot on the floor and the other slightly off the floor.

No one was able to grasp what was happening. This included Eugene whose brain wasn't totally functioning but all she knew was that this was the moment! "AEDELAK MOVE AWAY!!" She shouted with all her might, starting Aedelak who instinctively moved to the side!

"-IE" Ario moved again a second later and the knife pierced through the air at a frightening speed.

"...." Ario's eyes widened and he paused for 2 seconds. After two seconds his head slowly moved in Aedelak's direction and found that she also had the same reaction. Everything happened in a span of a second, a mere blink.

But just as everyone was shocked by what happened, Eugene's brain was now able to function. Her expression was terrible and it was because if Ario attacked again, she didn't know if Aedelak would be lucky enough to dodge the second time! This was exactly the time to launch a surprise attack but either the fighters were out of commission or the rest was useless!

'Why am I so useless.' Then came the self-blame. Why was she so useless every time an incident happened? Why?! Didn't she promise that she would become strong enough to protect herself? But what was this? It has been three years but she was still the one being protected!

'This can't do!' Eugene shook her head to clear her mind as her eyes darted left and right. She wanted to find or do something that might be of help when suddenly the wall behind her moved.

"Ah!" Aernest was pressing so hard on her that she lost her balance when the wall behind her vanished. Eugene instinctively hugged Aernest closer to protect him and just when they thought they were done for, they fell on something warm.

A familiar warmth and a familiar smell wafted through their nose and immediately Eugene's eyes began to sting. Just a bit.

They didn't have to turn back to know whose scents these belonged to. Like the world says, a baby knows its parents upon their first meeting and that it was something instinctual. It was something you build up from the moment you were cells to when your body forms.

They are the people you put your guard down there they are within your vicinity. And that was why Eugene and Aernest didn't turn around nor have to hear who was behind them; it was because their bodies were already instinctively relaxed.

Home. Moniqua and Levis's warmth and smell were their home.

A big pair of arms enveloped the two small pees and without turning back, with his deep voice, he said to the person behind him, "Take care of them."