Episode 77 - First Bridge 3 'Eradicate it!'

Patron of December 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Urousa) (L C)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

(Sachiika) (Tamara) (Janet)

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Allison) (Reyna)

Thank you so much for your support! It really means a lot!
________________________

Episode 77 - First Bridge 3 'Eradicate it!'

"....." Aernest's dark expression gave Eugene a slight chill down her back. Never in her three years of cohabiting with Aernest has she ever seen him this irritated before.

To be honest, he looked scary.

*Ahem* Eugene brought her fist to her mouth and coughed. "Well... 200 bricks divided by 2(15) is 6.6 times. Round it up is 7 rounds. We did 2 rounds already so we have...5 rounds left." As soon as Eugene said her last sentence, Aernest lips couldn't help but tremble.

He was already tired with the two rounds they just did but WHAT? There are five more rounds to do?! Aernest's nostrils flared up from shock and his impending explosion of anger!

Eugene saw that Aernest's expression was getting worse so she tried to comfort him. "Trust me, if we manage to complete this part, everything else will become as smooth as butter!" Eugene nodded with conviction. "We can get rid of all the grass in 3 and a half hours as opposed to taking 4 days to pluck all the grass by hand!" Eugene attempted to convince Aernest again.

Hesitating, Aernest looked at Eugene who was earnestly explaining to him. "... Really?" Aernest asked. Seeing Eugene nod, his lips formed into a straight line."This is the only hard part right?" He asked again.

"Yes!" Eugene quickly replied! "This is the only hard part! I will give you the honors for the finale as well!" Eugene looked at Aernest in all seriousness.

"..... I dislike honor." Was Aernest's last words to Eugene before speed walking away with his empty sack to get more bricks.

"....." Eugene blinked before catching up to Aernest. She remained quiet for the duration of this mini task in a bid to not further agitate Aernest; in case he wanted to give up.

After another 2 rounds of stacking up on their precious bricks, the weather started to become warmer from the sun almost reaching the highest point of the sky. While this was a task tremendously taxing on their bodies, when the two thought about how there were only three rounds left, they began to fill up with hope as opposed to despair.

------

When the other Paladin children came back from their one hour break, this was the sight they saw.

A pile of bricks splattered around on the training field.

Two completely dead-looking children dragging a heavy-looking sack.

"....." Louis blinked at Eugene and Aernest who was completely covered in red powder.

" Did their task change?" Crown Prince Ren asked. He speechlessly stared at Eugene and Aernest using their whole body to drag back a sack.

"... No. Duke Marleigh and Duke Rodriguez were with us when we took our breaks. Their task should remain the same." Ron Graeme replied.

"Then, what are they doing??" Crown Prince Ren watched as the two children from afar emptied their sacks and walked back towards the gate without a single word towards one another.