Episode 141 - Is young miss dizzy?

Previous Episode: Eugene woke up in a red abyss. The woman with red eyes got sucked into her. Everyone watched as Eugene hit herself.

.

.

Aedelak's confusion made Eugene confused. She could not understand why Aedelak was acting nonchalant. Or maybe it was her who was the odd one out for thinking that Ario's head exploding and Ario's time stopping was weird.

... It was also possible that her memories of yesterday were wrong....

"How did you evade the knife yesterday?" If she was unsure, all she had to do was ask Aedelak and so she did.

But Aedelak looked even more puzzled, "What do you mean Miss? I moved away when Miss shouted?"

'??... That's it?' Aedelak's face did not contain a hint of a lie so she turned to Aernest who was listening in on them. She stared at him to see if he would react to Aedelak's answer, but he didn't.

After a second, she turned back to Aedelak. There was an unsettling feeling in her gut because of Aedelak's answer. Sighing, she hesitantly decided to tell Aedelak what happened in her memories and said,

"Time stopped. Was that not why you weren't stabbed?"

Immediately after Eugene spoke, the room turned very silent. Aedelak's brows furrowed for a millimeter before it relaxed after a few seconds,

"Oh yes... that did happen. It was such an odd thing wasn't it Eldest Miss?"

"..."

Eugene lips opened and closed a few times before she pursed her lips and didn't continue on asking. Aedelak's answer and her reaction confirmed that something was... wrong. It felt as if Aedelak had forgotten what truly happened and had to dig through her memories to look for what really happened. And even then, it was as if Aedelak couldn't relate to it nor truly understand the concept of how big time stopping was.

She was in deep thoughts when suddenly a thought popped up into her mind, "Was it possible that Aedelak was hypnotized?' She really didn't want to think that such a thing was possible anymore when she suddenly found something odd. When she connected everything together, there was something that didn't make sense and that was how the people thought of Promissum. The existence of Promissum didn't scare the people nor did it cause people to question this world. She had asked about magic and Promissum a few days ago and everyone seemed nonchalant about it. Which, thinking about it now, was odd.

"Eldest Miss?"

Aedelak's voice made Eugene snap out of her thoughts.

"What is it?"

"For the rest of the day, Master, Madam, young Masters, and youngest Miss will be leaving the guest house. Miss will be accompanied by me and young Master Aernest while Miss rests."

Eugene raised a brow, "Where are they going?"

"They will be going with Lady Lise to the tribal village."

'Oh..?' Eugene nodded. She did not have to think for more than a second before she pushed the quilt aside and got off of the bed.

Immediately Aedelak objected, "Miss!" There was panic in her voice as she called out to Eugene.

"I'm going too." Eugene walked past Aedelak and Aernest, to her luggage.

Aernest followed after Eugene and tried to make Eugene change her mind, "But Sister needs rest!"

Eugene shook her head. She didn't need any more rest. "Could you get me a basin of water to clean myself?" She said without turning back to Aedelak and Aernest.