Episode 143- Heartfelt Reunion

Previously: King Erich came over with 2 board members of United West Liasel union. The truth behind the King of Zene's health was revealed. Massive amount of evidence found at Commander Kal's residence.

.

.

Everyone exited the carriage and grew solemn straight away. The place they arrived was a plainland right before the closest village to the tribal village. They were encircled by tents for injured persons. It looked as if the injured were refugees seeking refuge even though this was their country. And the irony of it all was this was the country that destroyed their home, tribe, history, everything.

Unlike the people in the capital of Zene, no one smiled. They weren't able to move on with their life and looked as if they were barely alive. Anyone could tell that these people were suffering. That they were only living for the sake of their loved ones.

A person was heard crying sadly from afar, "What was all this for? Are we in the middle of a war? What was this all for!" Sobs could be heard as he heartbrokenly expressed himself, "Dreams? Power? We never had any of that! We had nothing, but now... we truly have nothing!"

Eugene listened from far away and she couldn't help but sigh. If only they knew the person behind this incident was the same person who saved them, Commander Kal. If the person asked what this incident was all for, she would say it was because of jealousy.

Because Commander Kal couldn't get the heart of the person he loves, he committed to destroying whatever Hal was involved in. Because he was enraged that Lea had loved a nobody, undead, annoying bug he could never eliminate, he chose to destroy whatever history Hal was part of. But whatever his reason was, it would never justify what he did to the villagers

The people looked up again as the second carriage arrived. Their eyes were soulless and had no life in them when the door to the carriage opened. In less than 3 seconds, their dead eyes began watering and life restarted once again. The area was quiet with only sounds of happy sobbing. Everyone was emotional seeing the person who came out of the carriage.

The person was dressed in a beautiful Zene-styled white dress and had noticeable fiery red hair. Accompanying her beautiful hair was her soft facial features and curious white eyes without dark contacts. Her white eyes looked around at everyone warily, indicating that she did not recognize any of these people.

Suddenly a voice familiar to Levis and Moniqua was heard shouting, "...Mi... Miss... Miss Lise!" The voice belonged to Gie whom Levis and Moniqua met 2 days ago.

Eugene stared as the man in his forties ran over, tripped, and landed himself in front of the flabbergasted Lise.

"...." This wasn't supposed to be a fun atmosphere. She almost couldn't stop herself from snorting.

"Ye, Yes?!" Lise's hands waved around, not knowing what to do with the stranger who was crying his puppy eyes out. Everyone around her cried with their puppy eyes. The immense pressure from everyone crying made her confused over what to do and she began to panic.

"MISSS!!!" his snot dripped to the floor as he clung onto her legs.

"!!"

"...." Not supposed to be funny. Again, Eugene had to force herself not to laugh.

"GIE!" A lady popped out of nowhere with a stick and was about to hit the man in his forties when her eyes accidentally met Lise's.

"MISSSS!!" With the same reaction, she ran as quick as she could, tripped over the same rock the man tripped over and landed in front of Lise.