Episode 142 - Unimaginable amount of evidence.

Previous ep: Aedelak reaction to time stopping was suspicious. Eugene did not rest and wanted to go with everyone to the tribal village. Dea was still hanging on a thin thread and was still being operated on. Aernest listened to Moniqua and Levis last night.

.

.

Aernest fumbled with his index finger and cast a dejected stare to his feet. The reason why he listened in was so that he could report everything to Eugene. When she had protected him from Commander Kal yesterday, he found out that she cared more about him than she had let out and because of that he felt their bond becoming stronger. This bond made him want to become stronger to protect Eugene just like she protected him. And for the first time, the ears he didn't like, due to the scars, grew on him since he could use them to help Eugene.

"...." Eugene did not understand why Aernest was being pouty towards her all of a sudden. Though she has slightly overcome her alexithymia condition, this did not mean that she could understand why he was looking at her like this.

She decided to ignore Aernest and instead turn to Moniqua to ask about the random King that suddenly appeared in their conversation.

"And help has arrived by this... King Erich?" She was unsure where Erich was from since she had yet to learn the geography of United West Liasel.

Levis replied in Moniqua's stead, "Yes, the King has sent many physicians over as well as many knights." He paused for a moment and explained, "King of Erich rules over the country beside Zene. Erich is a country that produces a large number of specialized physicians and is one of the leading countries in the healthcare profession."

"Oh..." So that's where the limb specialized physician came from.

"The King himself also arrived in Zene this morning," Moniqua added.

"...Yes?" Eugene blinked her eyes as she couldn't believe what she just heard. Can a King just leave the country like that? And why did he come? Was it because the incident was too big?!

"Is it because this time's issue was too big?"

Moniqua and Levis sighed and nodded at the same time.

"But why must he come in person? And how did he know about this incident so quickly?"

"Well..."

.

.

It all started before Levis and Moniqua entered Zene. Just right before they were to enter Zene, they encountered a handful of knights guarding the border of Zene. Now, knights guarding the border was nothing odd. Though border controls weren't strict, occasional border control was implemented to ensure nothing shady was exchanged between countries. So the fact that there were a handful of knights guarding the border was nothing odd.

But what Levis and Moniqua found odd was the knights guarding Zene with their backs facing Xenperia.

There were no knights who guard like this, as they should be inspecting people entering the country... not people leaving the country. Levis found this especially suspicious because to him it seemed as if they weren't on patrol but were caging people inside Zene. As if they didn't want anyone leaving Zene at all.

Because of this, Levis and Moniqua had to enter Zene in a slightly roundabout way. And during the time he and Moniqua took a break, he sent a report to Emperor Zen and reported that the knights patrolling were suspicious and for the Emperor to look into it. As a backup, he sent a report containing the same findings to Zene's neighboring country, Erich.