Episode 37 - Assassination at the Royal Palace 7 'Their Sacrifices'

"Wha.."

Breaking the cold silence, the old man stared at the young man in disbelief! His grip on Aeselak loosening. The useless, weak-looking partner he thought was unhelpful, can kill in a single breath. Was he dumb? How was he useless? The cyanide poisoning smoke to knock everyone unconscious was the young man's idea! How in the world did he ever think of the young man as useless? But that wasn't the problem. The problem was...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? She's got my Fam-"

"ARE YOU ON IDIOT?" Before the old man could finish his sentence, the young man intervened. Running his bloodied hands through his hair, he continued.

"How could she possibly have your family? A Princess from a faraway country who arrived in a mere 3 days?" He scoffed.

"I was only going along simply because she was so confident in her plans, but what? She kidnapped your daughter? Your family will be buried alive? What a pile of SHIT! How can you even believe that?"

Spitting at the 'dead' woman, he looked over to the old man with a face full of disgust. 'How can someone be so naive?'

"Whaat!!. So you mean...."

Deeply sighing for the pitiful man, he shook his head.

"You got tripped over old man"

"Wait.. So.. what was I"

The old man, overcome with sudden realizations dropped to the ground. Releasing Aeselak in the process. Running his fat hands through his hair, his mind repeating, 'What have I done', a hundred times over the course of a few seconds.

"Coughh.... Coughhh"

Aeselak slumped down, along with Ramon, unconsciously releasing her hold on him, bringing her hands to her collar, trying to relieve the pain.

"Aeselak.."

Aedelak breathed out in relief seeing her sister being released. Clenching her hands tightly, she stared at her sister slumped to the floor.

'I can't be selfish..'

She was in a position where she can't go over and help her younger sister. Leaving now would mean breaking her oath to the Veria family of protecting the twins. All she could do was watch over from afar.

"You... are you okay?"

Being well protected from any sight, only now when he was released, did he see a huge red mark imprinted on Aeselak's delicate neck. Tightly hugging Aernest to his chest, he dared not look behind him and only stared at Aeselak's shivering body.

Taking his shot of convincing the dangerous man, Ron carefully spoke.

"If you are just playing around, you don't need the Crown Prince anymore... right?" He hesitated towards the end of his sentence.

Hearing Ron, the young man seized Ron up from head to toe. Feeling his whole body shaking with excitement from the naivety of this noble kid, he snickered.

"Ron, get back"

Louis warned Ron, who was safely guarding the Crown Prince. The feelings he got from the young man didn't feel right. Everything about the young man seemed superficial contrary to his earlier gruesome actions.

"Hahahaa! You are a very smart kid!" The young man smiled at Louis, but within seconds, dropped his facade, and coldly stared at Louis, continuing, "But hand the crown prince over"