Episode 2 - The origin of another beginning 2

Episode 2 – The origin of another beginning 2

"Midwife! She isn't crying!"

"What!?"

She was about to glance over when the door to the room was suddenly open. The head doctor seemed to have arrived!.

The head doctor was on a 2 day break, and was relaxing in the countryside but had to rush back to the estate within 2 hours because an accident had happened! The Duchess was in labor! It took a total of 4 hours to get the Doctor here. 2 Hours to go to the countryside, and 2 hours to reach the estate.

The Head doctor rushed in with her changed clothes,and hurried over to The Duchess first. She did not bother greeting The Duke or The Duchess, and proceeded with her duties.

"I had to administer the madam an extra dose of labor inducing medicine because the baby was not coming out." The head doctor nodded but when she took over the midwife position she became stunned. The Duchess was very pale and looked like she had difficulty breathing, moreover her abdominal area was still large. She took The Duchess pulse and abruptly stilled. The Duchess's abdominal area seems to have some movement as well.

"What's wrong with my wife Doctor" The husband was relieved when his wife gave birth but quickly became worried again when his wife state was still not better. It didn't seem to be from losing a huge amount of blood. Normally, his wife would be fine by now but this seemed abnormal. He wanted to grab the neck of the midwife and strangle her but that was a terrible idea and would lead to a worse outcome.

"The Duchess is still in labor." The doctor quickly replied.

Everyone once again felt like their breaths were sucked away from their lives. Everyone felt confused and was also very scared.

Twins.

Twins did not exist in this country and there's barely any knowledge of such a phenomenon. People said twins are a blessing and a gift to couples who love each other very much. But it was also a curse that took away the lives of their loved ones due to strenuous labour.

".. What?" Both The Duke and Duchess muttered looking at each other speechlessly. 2 babies? Monique barely had any consciousness but when she heard that, she felt strength coming back. Her husband looked so shocked.

But well, just looking at her husband's face was healing to her. She quickly squeezed their intervene hands to make her husband wake up. The Duchess didn't know what to do but laugh at life. But then she suddenly remembered that there has been no crying yet. She worriedly looked at the direction of the baby.

"How's my child?" She worriedly asked the midwife who was holding the baby.

"The baby is not crying, but she is breathing! As a premature newborn, everything seems to be perfectly fine!."

"Thank Goodness."

The doctor ushered the midwives and the maids to prepare for another baby. Everything was a commotion because of the unexpected situation. The doctor gave the Duchess acupuncture and another dose of medicine, this time to ease the body to make it go through the healing stages,for the body to stop bleeding. But she had to be fast so the twin baby could come out.

"Alright Duchess, all you've got to do is push and everything will be fine!" Hearing that her child was healthy but just not crying was already a relief. With the doctor saying everything will be fine, she finally felt at ease. She will live to see both twins!

"Humphhh.!!!"

There it was the final push after 4 hours of harsh labor, her last child came out and was healthily crying.