Episode 25 - The Royal Palace 4 'The Great Nobles & His Majesty'

The Veria family walked in together with Duke Graeme and Duchess Graeme to the King's Audience Room. This room is used to grant people an audience with the King and can also be a royal courtroom for important matters that need to be discussed.

Although the Children of Veria visits the Royal Palace several times a month, this would be the first time they enter the King's audience room. They have heard several things that transpire here such as a herd of officials being executed here and the lots. Knowing this, Ramon can't help but nervously walk behind Louis' back.

Upon entering the room, they were greeted with a long hall where, at the end, The King's throne lay above a set of stairs. The energy this room gave off was intense, possibly because there is limited furnishing, giving it a delusion of an enclosed space. The only furniture this room has are gigantic painting of people discussing things at a long table and the King's throne.

At the end of the room where the throne was, sits the King who seems to be discussing matters with a man standing beside him. Below them were a group of people who immediately turned towards the entrance of the room upon noticing people entering. Walking towards the group of people and his Majesty they kneeled.

"Blessing and prosperity upon His Majesty and Xenperia." Levis, Moniqua, Louis, and Ramon bowed to the King to complete the compulsory greeting ritual.

"You may cease" The Imperial Highness ordered. The emperor stood up and walked down the mini sets of stairs and stopped when he reached Duke Levis. He then extended his hands out and patted Duke Levis' shoulders.

"It's been a while." The Emperor greeted Levis. Although he sounded normal, the group of friends could hear the slight sarcasm in his voice.

"Yes, Your Majesty, it has been 3 months since." Levis too, sensed the hint of sarcasm in his voice and immediately knew why. Levis had to abruptly leave the court because Moniqua had given birth before her due date hence why he had to take his maternity leave earlier. He promised to be back soon but things kept piling up making him have to extend his leave which in turn gave more work to The Emperor and the Great Nobles.

"Isn't it about time you come back soon?" The Emperor stared down at Levis as he waved his hands in an upward motion to allow them to stand back up.

"Yes, in a few days. (Duke Levis)

"Things have been hectic without you Duke Veria " Duke Akler and Duke Rodiguez walked in from the side to stand beside the friend they hadn't seen in 3 months.

"My deepest apologies everyone" Seeing the dark circles underneath everyone's eyes he sincerely apologized.

"Duke Akler and His Royal Majesty at some point, wanted to abolish the Husband maternity law. You should thank me for stopping them!" Duke Rodriguez thumped his chest 3 times to show off his achievements. Although everyone ignored him and moved on.