Kabanata 40

Life Goes On — BTS

Kabanata 40

Nawindang ang buong araw ko nang may tumawag sa akin para i-send ang isang link ng isang video. I had a bad experience with vlogs and it immediately made my stomach churned.

Tinawagan ko pa si Etienne para silipin kung ano'ng klaseng video 'yon. If it was detrimental, I'll immediately delete it. Hindi ko na papanoodin. Although I was positive that words from others cannot hurt me anymore, iba pa rin ang epekto nito sa akin. I could still plummet down and the self esteem that I've built for years will be put into ruins.

"It's a vlog from Mila," ani Etienne habang pinapanood ang video. I could hear the familiar voice of a woman on his line, kaya naman nasabi kong nanonood siya ng isang video.

I was biting my nails in frustration as I was listening to him on the other line. Patuloy ang pagtatahip-tahip ng dibdib dahil sa kaba at sa takot na baka maulit muli ang naranasan ko noon.

"It's an apology video, Paulene."

Nayanig ang buong sistema ko sa binitawang pahayag ni Etienne. I slowly covered my mouth because of shock and I took my phone to check the video myself.

It really was an apology video from Mila. May pamagat itong 'Truths and nothing but the truth' at agad ko itong pinindot para mapanood. I gulped as I consumed every little word that she said on her video. She looked remorseful and she was even bare.

"Hello, this is Mila. Before I proceed, please don't attack my daughter and husband for this. Ako lang po ang may kasalanan. Ako na lang po ang pagbuntunan n'yo. My family is not involved here."

Malalim siyang huminga bago magpatuloy. I saw her tears slowly forming as she directly look at the screen.

"Years ago, I accused someone of betraying me and let my fans harshly attacked her on the internet. Totoo man na nasaktan ako, I was young and careless back then. My personal issues shouldn't be on aired with others. Lalo na sa mga taong hindi alam ang konteksto nito."

Mila halted and licked her lips. Agad n'yang pinunasan ang luhang pumatak mula sa kan'yang mata.

"I want to sincerely apologized for what I have done. It was clearly a misunderstanding between the both of us and instead of making it clear to her that I did not intend to get everything from her, mas pinalala ko lang. I'm so sorry, Pauletta Jayne Angeles. I do not know if I deserve your forgiveness but I'm saying this anyway. I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry for what happened between the both of us."

I checked the comments and saw that everyone was praising her for the bare minimum. She was being eulogized in the comment section. She was hailed as someone who is forgiving and also acknowledges her own faults. Ang totoo ay inaasahan ko na ito sa kanila. Hindi naman nila pwedeng iwan sa ere ang iniidolo nila. Of course, there were a few who turned the tables because of what Mila said.

Random2345: Imagine the trauma and the effect of what you did, Mila. Hindi mo man lang naisip 'yong pinsan mo. Selfish ka.

MilaSupports: This is disappointing! Isa ako sa mga nakakita kung gaano dinumog 'yong pinsan mo tapos ngayon ka lang nagsalita? I'm going to unstan you!

TeresitaMa: Naku, tapos di pa pinagtanggol ng sarili n'yang mama 'yong pinsan mo? Aba, sa pagkakatanda ko ay parang tuta kung bumuntot 'yong tita mo sa 'yo. Walang kwenta namang magulang 'yon!

The attention was diverted to Mama because she blatantly supported Mila when I was being castigated by Mila's supporters. Hindi ko inakala na magiging trending topic pa si Mama sa mga social media dahil dito. Nasira ang perpekto n'yang imahe sa mga madla at kahit sa mga fans ni Mila na sobra siyang hinahangaan bilang mother figure ni Mila.