4*

Louis' POV:

Sneaking out was the easy part. Walking into this cafe wasn't.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. I knew Mathew. Was it the fact I haven't seen him in so long? Or was it because of the certain circumstances? Either way I couldn't find myself opening the damn cafe door.

It should be an easy task to do. It's a simple pull. The smell of freshly made bagels and coffee is smashed into your nose immediately, it's kind of overwhelming. The soft chatter that's in the background is calming. Yet I've been standing here for five minutes, staring at a stupid door.

I've debated if I should just leave and find information about Harry someplace else but the information I need is right in front of me. I just need to push my nerves past me.

I swallow the huge lump in my throat, and open the cafe door.

Just as I expected I'm met by the sweet smell of coffee and bagels, although the usual chatter a cafe brings isn't very prominent with my very loud racing heartbeat in my ears.

I glance around looking for Mathew, but come up with nothing. Was he not here yet? Did he decide not to come?

I glance at the clock on my phone and find it to be 9 minutes past 12. So it couldn't be he just wasn't here yet, maybe he just thought it was too risky to come.

I decide on just waiting to see if he really isn't just here yet. I walk up to the counter where one of the cafe workers is standing behind. They smile while looking at me. It's warm and nice.

"What can I get you sir," they ask, with a matching warm voice. It might have even settled my nerves the smallest bit. I mean, any person that seems so kind would. I wonder how warm and greet full they would be if I told them I've killed over 20 people in my lifetime.

"Just a small coffee. Put some hazelnut creamer in there to please."

They nod, with that same warm smile and turn from me. I watch as they make my coffee impressively quick. Within seconds he's handing my coffee in one of those foam cups.

"Louis," someone says behind me. When they said my name it seemed more like a question if anything.

I turn around to see a boy with blonde hair. He's wearing a graphic shirt with some random skinny jeans. His feet wear a pair of old high top converses. It looks like some duct tape is holding the sole of the shoe in place. Gross.

"What do you want," I snapped. I don't want to speak to some homeless man, let alone seen with one.

"It's Mathew."

Oh shit.

"Oh."

I force a smile onto my face. After all the money your father has stolen you can still look homeless apparently.

"Let's find a place to sit," I suggest. Mathew nods. I still can't get over how different he looks. I mean I expected him to look different but not unrecognizable. For some reason, it does settle my nerves significantly.

I find a random table and take a seat. Mathew follows suit shortly after, and we sit in silence for a while. I would say it's awkward but it's really not. It's sort of comforting. Especially at the moment I don't want to exactly talk after I was rude to one of my oldest friends. Even if it was only in my head.

The nice silence is interrupted by Mathew when he says, "I can't be here for long."

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that," I sigh.

"Can we just get this over with? Please." Mathew looks at me with his dark hazel eyes, that I've always been so jealous of.

"Yeah, just start from the beginning. Tell me how you know," I say. He nods and takes a sip from his coffee.