13

Louis' pov:

It was later in the day now. Well, more like night.

Harry told me he still wanted us to do our shopping. We had been quiet most of the time. It had been awkward between us. Neither of us knew what to say. We were both just waiting for this moment.

Harry was currently in the bathroom claiming he had to pee, but I honestly think he was avoiding this a bit.

Harry was always over the top when it came to such simple things so the restaurant he had picked I felt out of place in with only a sweater and sweats. Most people here were wearing fancy suits and dresses.

Harry claimed it didn't matter what we looked like because the food is worth the embarrassment.

I was currently looking over the menu and I knew none of the items on here. Why couldn't there be a simple spaghetti? It was all just too fancy. I didn't mind a little bit of expensive things in my life but this was over the top.

The waiter eventually came over and I was getting worried about when Harry would come back. I had no clue what he would want, and I felt like it would be too rude to say I didn't know what I wanted in a place like this.

"I'm just waiting on my," I paused. I didn't know what I was waiting on. Harry was most certainly not my date, and he wasn't a friend. We just happened to live together for a short period of time.

And the guy I dream about kissing.

I've never believed much in the term saved by the bell until now. I spot Harry walking over to our table while wiping his hands on his jeans. He still wore his sunglasses which looked ridiculous in the dim light of the restaurant, but it was necessary I suppose. Although I doubt anyone would expect a serial killer to be sitting in a fancy restaurant eating seafood.

Well, I guess they should because there were two in one right now.

"Him," I continue while pointing at Harry. The waiter looks over at Harry.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting Lou I was taking a shit," Harry mumbles once he was close enough to the table.

Lou.

"It's fine. The waiter just arrived anyway," I say a bit breathlessly.

What was wrong with me? What was happening to me? Questions flew through my brain rapidly, that I barely noticed Harry was talking to me. I just see his mouth move.

"Yes," I replied. I don't know what I just agreed to but, it must be funny from the way Harry bursts out laughing.

"What," I shoot. He continues to laugh, pretending to wipe a tear from his eye. I look at the waiter, she's staring at Harry like a piece of meat.

Meat?

Actually, more like how a child looks at candy.

"Harry what's so funny," I commanded, maybe a little too loudly. I catch people turning and glaring at me. I resist the urge to flip them off.

"You, obviously," he chuckles. He finally stops his ridiculous laughing fit, and he's staring at me with the most pure look I've ever seen. I wish I knew what was going on inside his brain.

I turn my gaze to the waiter, who is still staring at Harry with a fond look. Maybe she likes men who wear sunglasses inside dim buildings. Who knows, but she's being fucking annoying.

Jealousy?

I slap myself mentally. Of course not. I wouldn't be jealous of someone I could care less about. Right? It's normal to care for someone as a friend, and to dream about kissing them. Well, maybe not kissing them. I was insane for that one.