40

TELL ME IF YOU SEE MISTAKES AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT

Louis' pov:

The ride to my fathers was deadly quiet. It was uncomfortably quiet. Multiple times I wanted to open my mouth and just say anything, but the words always got stuck, taking balance on the tip of my tongue.

The car's hum shuts off with the twist of Harry's keys. My fathers HQ will always seem impressive to others. I wasn't shocked by Harry's and Liam's face of amazement. My father always went all out. It was tall, basically all glass. It looked like it belonged in the city rather than in the middle of the forest.

The tall glass doors burst open, Nathan running out from them. He was still pulling on his jacket as he skipped past wet puddles, his hair flopping against his forehead.

I get out of the car first, not being able to handle the silence anymore. The two hours were painful enough, stuck within my own thoughts. My lips broke into a smile as I rounded the car, Nathan matching my expression easily.

"Hey," he exclaims, clapping me on the back. I don't have time to reply before Harry is interfering, pushing me lightly backwards.

"He says hi," Harry mutters. I blink at him, shocked by his reaction but let it go anyway.

When Niall appears in my vision, suddenly I'm panicking. Not because he's chasing Liam in the wet driveway but, because I forgot he was supposed to be dead, that's what I had told my dad. I glance at Harry, who's already staring down at me.

"You told my dad Niall was with us," I question, immediately forgetting about Nathan.

"Yeah?"

My heart drops to my toes, and suddenly my hands feel uncomfortably sweaty.

"He's supposed to be dead," I point out. Niall's eyebrows shoot to his hairline, stopping his chase. Liam looks confused and Harry... just looks pale.

"Oh shit, really?"

I nod, my lips pressing together. Suddenly Nathan bursts out laughing. I glare at him, knowing in two seconds he's going to have something stupid to say.

"You guys suck at lying."

We know.

I hold back the urge to snap at him, instead shuffling across the paved driveway. My father already knows Niall's not actually dead from Harry so there was nothing else to do other than deal with it.

***

My knee bounces nervously, Harry easily mirroring me. Niall looks bored, and Liam well I think he's just uncomfortable. He hasn't spoken once, even when my father had met us a few seconds ago. I expected him to have maybe reacted but he did nothing more than just stare at nothing. He had every right to be nervous, he was in the enemy's home with lots of people wanting to kill him, and who easily could. I know for a fact that half these guys carry knives in their boots.

A few seconds later my father returns, Travis following him with a guy. A black bag is thrown over his head, his hands tied with ropes. My thoughts are immediately shifted from Liam. Liam can take care of himself anyway.

If Nathan had followed us, I knew he would find this humorous, in some way. Just the thought turned my veins to ice. He seems way more nerve wracking than before. I wasn't sure why suddenly he was getting on my nerves so easily. I'm sure it has to do with the stress I was under, seeing as he has done nothing wrong.

"The bag," my father mutters, moving to lean against his brown desk. The bag is removed, showing a younger male. His eyes a dark brown, almost black. A mop of blonde hair. His lips are bitten red, blood dripping down his chin from them.