24

Louis' pov:

I lazily sat up from Niall's couch, rubbing my eyes. I had told him more about Harry. It was surprisingly an easy thing to do. After he had enough of hearing about him, we played a movie.

The main screen for Divergent flashes on the screen. Playing a song. I pulled Niall's phone from his back pocket.

23:55

I groaned, flopping myself back into the couch. Niall stirred beside me, throwing his feet into my face. I scrunch my nose, pushing his feet off the couch.

Sleep wouldn't take me. The song playing off the tv is distracting. The light dancing behind my eyes is annoying.

I reached for the coffee table. The remote was barely out of reach. I leaned forward, grasping the remote.

I fell from the couch with a loud bang. Niall shot up. Glancing around frantically.

"Ouch," I yelped, sitting up. I rubbed my elbow, face flushed.

"Oh. You fell. I thought someone was trying to kill me," Niall grumbles, laying back down. I furrowed my eyebrows, standing from the ground. My elbow is still throbbing.

"Why would they," I ask. Niall groans, shoving his face into the arm of the couch.

"Because they wanted to, I don't know," he mumbles. I roll my eyes.

Going back to sleep was long gone. I was now wide awake due to my fall. I grab Niall's phone from the floor, glaring at the remote as I did.

I swiped to the camera. Taking multiple pictures of myself. Ones next to Niall's sleeping body. Some just of Niall sleeping. One up Niall's nose. I grinned as I looked at them. I glanced at the time, my smile slipping.

24:00

I threw myself from the couch. Slapping myself mentally. I've gotten so distracted between the last few hours I forgot I had someone to meet up with.

I threw on a random pair of shoes, not taking time to think about if they were Niall's or mine. I quietly opened Niall's door, and slipped out.

The hallway was dim like it usually was during late hours. It was quiet as I rushed down the hallway. Only the sound of my feet slapping against the ground.

The common room was empty, except for the strays of some guys. Talking, with cans of beer in their hands. The soft pounding of music could be heard. Of course they would be partying so late.

At least Harry's guys had some decency.

I walked past my dad's hallway. The sound of a printer running echoed. I felt little pity for him having to work late.

I pushed open the library doors. The lights were out. I wished I had brought Niall's phone with me as a light, reminding myself I should buy my own. I blindly walked into the room, holding my arms out dumbly. I flinched from the smallest graze of items. I had no clue where I was in the library, making finding the study room much more difficult than it should be.

I tripped over a couch. Cursing under my breath. I swing an arm out, making contact with a bookshelf. Thuds filled the air as books fell, a book landed on my foot. I kicked it with annoyance.

A burst of light fills the air, and I squint my eyes against it. Slowly my eyes adjust, and a womanly figure appears. She shows as a silhouette against the light.

"Who's out here causing all this noise! I'm trying to sleep here," a voice calls.

I recognize the voice immediately, a smile growing across my face.