39

READ A/N AND THE BOOK TRAILER IS ON MY TWITTER UNDER THE SAME USER AS MINE ON HERE

Louis' pov:

It was later in the night. The four of us were strolling through downtown London. A milkshake was clutched in my hands, the cold slightly numbing my fingertips. To the right of me, Liam was laughing loudly. Niall smiled from the reaction. I hadn't heard Niall's joke, and I felt slightly left out and stupid for being distracted by my milkshake.

"God my arms are numb from carrying these bags," Harry grumbles. I turn to him with a smirk. I knew that making him carry my bags was rude, but I had no intention in stopping him. I shrugged, taking another sip from my milkshake before speaking.

"I could carry them," I commented, giving Harry a side glance.

"No, it's fine but I just wish we didn't park so far away," he insisted, shifting the bag handles in his hands.

"I wanted to see the lights at night."

Harry laughs lightly. "I know you did," he trails off, looking over at Niall and Liam. "I didn't expect them to get on so well," he comments.

I follow his gaze. I felt a little sad over Niall finding a new friend so easily, but I knew he still cared about me the same as he did before. It was selfish of me anyway, to think like that. I shouldn't want him to only be friends with me. My smile drops the smallest bit before I answer.

"Yeah, I know. I'm surprised another human other than me can handle Niall."

Harry hums in agreement.

Our walk to Harry's car was slow. I took as many chances I could to stop to take pictures of the city lights. Even some pictures of Harry when he wasn't paying attention. At one point, Niall had insisted on a group selfie. I hadn't wanted it, seeing as I hate selfies but when I looked at the picture in my camera roll now it had made me warm inside. I had something to look back at, and I wouldn't have to soak in the moment as much as I was trying to.

I was scared, though. My life was seeming way to normal after all the chaos that had occurred. I knew that there was still danger out there for us, and that thought alone was stopping me from living in the moment like I should. I wished that there wasn't a reason for me to be scared. But I know, we'll get through it, and that helped a little.

I guess I also hated how everyone was pretending like it hadn't happened. Two attacks on the Harry styles? Unheard of. Harry always took out his enemy before they had the chance. Part of the reason why I think they snuck their way past him is that so many of his close friends died in that house fire. Niall only knew so much about Harry, seeing as Harry didn't fully trust him yet with full reasoning. But if Harry did, then we would have Niall's brains. I just wished it was easier for Harry to trust people but I understood the reason why he didn't.

Liam bursts out laughing, Harry's soft chuckle following. I glance up from the concrete sidewalk, spotting them many paces away. I take a sip from my shake, quickening my pace. I hated how I always seemed to be sucked out of reality from my rambling mind.

But, what I saw has concerned me. His veins had turned black. I had no clue how. Did the guy over the phone click a button? I didn't see the guy slip anything into his mouth. Even if he had, there was no drug in existence to have turned his blood black like that. I knew it was bad, when Niall had been left confused.