5*

Louis' POV:

His face was everywhere on the news.

Harry had broken his deal with the government. He had left them. You could probably call it escaping, but either way he was no longer under the control of the government. He was a free man again, and he made that very clear.

He robbed two banks within 24 hours. He wasn't even trying to hide who did it either. He was just going haywire. He wanted revenge, and that's what he was doing.

It just made my job more difficult, that's for sure.

With Harry now on the loose it was going to  make this ten times harder for me. Before I had found out where he was staying shortly after I got back home, Niall had helped me, but now I'm back at square one.

Currently on the tv in my apartment was Harry's face. Beside his face was an image of a destroyed bridge, then it was the news guy talking on the screen.

"As you news watchers probably know this man has been doing a lot of destruction. A few minutes ago we heard that he bombed Tower Bridge. Some police on his previous scenes say they don't even have records on him. I guess the government he broke from didn't want him known. I wonder what other psychos they are hiding from us," the news guy says.

I go to turn my tv off after hearing enough, but stop when my phone randomly starts ringing.

I give it a glance and freeze when my dad's contact comes up. I immediately answered.

"Hello," I question.

"Come to my office," is all he says before he hangs up.

I jumped from the couch, completely forgetting about the tv. My father rarely calls me, he usually just calls me from the intercom so whatever he has to say to me must be private, and I can't help but pray it's help with Harry.

***

My father looks stressed when I enter his office. Papers are everywhere, carelessly thrown about. Open books are scattered all over his desk, making it look invisible.

"What did you want," I asked. My father looks up from the papers he was staring at, his eyes look tired. The blue in them is dull.

"I can't believe he's out again," he seethes. He stands abruptly from his desk. He walks towards me until he's towering over me.

"You were supposed to kill him before he could. He wasn't supposed to take my spot again," he growls. My heart immediately starts racing from fear. I wish he wasn't so close so I could take deep breaths and calm down but I can't.

"I'm sorry I tried," I whisper. My body is begging for me to look away from him. To even back away, as far as possible, but I can't do that. It's a sign of weakness and I refuse to show him that he has any sort of control over me.

"Sorry isn't enough Louis. You know that," he mumbles. He takes the smallest step back from me, and I feel like I can breathe again.

"I had him, but then he got away. I don't know where to go from here," I tell him. I'm hoping somewhere in him he can be understanding.

"I knew you would be to stupid to do this assignment so I helped you. I figured it out but there's one condition," he mumbles again.

"What is it? I'll do it," I urgently say.

"You leave as soon as you leave this office."

That's easy. I could do that. Maybe I was even planning to do that. I could still use Niall's plan too so it works out perfectly.

"Okay."

My father smirks. "So he has a cottage in the woods not far from here. He's always had it so I know he's there. I'll give you the exact directions."

I give him my phone and he puts the address into my gps. He quickly kicks me out of his office, leaving me standing in the middle of the common room.

I couldn't believe these long four days had come to this. I never thought I would get this far so quickly.

I start walking to the apartment corridors. I ignore the looks I get from people. I've been getting them a lot lately ever since they found out I was to kill Harry. They were jealous I was killing Harry. They wished it was them with this assignment.

Once I'm in the apartment I'm rushing around. I grab a small bag to put my clothes into. I walk to the bathroom, throwing in shampoo, toothpaste, and all kinds of stuff that I think I might need. I know I won't be gone long but I always pack heavy no matter the occasion.

I walk from the bathroom and to the jacket closet in my living room. I open it up and move the various jackets and sweaters I have in there to reveal a small metal box.

I grab the box from the closet and open it. Inside is my gun I always use for assignments. It's the only gun I have ever used. I've never needed a new one so I never thought about getting a new one. Plus, apparently it was my mom's, but that's what my dad tells me. I don't think she would ever have a gun.

I check to make sure the safety is still on before placing the gun in my bag. I place the box back into the closet and shut the doors.

I throw my bag over my shoulder as I walk out of my apartment. I close my door behind me and lock it with a key. I double check the lock, making sure I've actually locked it.

I would leave right away but I want to stop at Niall's first. I walk the few steps to his door before I knock.

The door opens almost immediately. Niall sees it's me and opens the door, letting me in.

"I'm leaving today to go to Harry's," I immediately say once I'm inside. Niall gives me a confused look while shutting his door.

"I thought you had to start over," he states.

"Well lucky for me my dad had figured out where he was staying and I have to go today. I can still use our plan I believe so don't worry about that," I mumble.

"Well don't die because it will make me sad," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Hug," I ask. This time he rolls his eyes and nods. I smile before wrapping him in my arms in the form of a hug.

"But really Louis don't die," he mumbles into my shoulder.

"I won't," I whisper.

____

SHORTEST CHAPTER EVER BUT DO NOT FEAR IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. Short chapters trigger me but sometimes they are necessary.

Thoughts?