27

Harry's pov:

I woke up with a groan, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. My skin was sticky with sweat, making the thin sheets cling to my back as I sat up. I pushed them back to the bed with another groan. I was not much of a morning person, and guessing from the darkness outside it was very early.

I walked to the small bathroom, which was conveniently in the same room. I relieved myself in the toilet before flushing it. I shut the lid, and took a seat on it. Resting my knees under my chin. My brain was still dizzy with sleep. I could barely understand I was at Fairview and my home was burnt to the ground.

I ran a hand through my hair, tugging slightly. I thought maybe with a night's sleep I would be less annoyed with myself and my failure. If anything, I felt worse.

I looked at the shower with heavy eyes. I wondered if the person that used to live here had shampoo made for curly hair. I wanted a shower. My eyes slid to my hands. Dried cracked blood circled my knuckles. I flexed my hand, they ached with the movement. I worried that they would turn purple throughout the day.

I pushed myself from the toilet, opening the sleek shower curtain. A small white shelf held small bottles of soap. I reached for one, the label reading shampoo. No promises of shiny hair. No promises to contain my frizz. I sighed, dropping the bottle to the ground. I threw the shower curtain closed and turned to the sink.

I dug around the bottom cabinet, searching for a spare toothbrush. I'm half disgusted when I don't find any, not even a used one. My eyes shift to the mirror. My skin is pale. Dark circles under my eyes. A purple bruise across my cheekbone. My bun is just about to fall out. I ripped the hair tie from my hair, tossing it into the sink.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket. I squeeze my hands into the tight pocket, pulling out my phone. My deadly looking reflection glared at me from the black screen. I furrow my brows, clicking the phone on. A text from Nathan flashed across the screen.

U Ready for today? Louis and I are all set.

I blinked, swiping my thumb across the screen. I quickly typed in a reply.

What?

I click my phone off, just for it to light back up.

Taking Niall remember?

Oh yeah! Getting ready now. See you soon. -H

I ran from the bathroom. I grab my discarded shirt from the floor, slipping it on. I pull my boots onto my feet, and rush out the door.

The hallway was dark. Usually it would be lit up by the sun shining through the glass walls, but it was just rising. I looked to the orange sky. Dark clouds moved oddly quick, the sign of a rain storm. The forest trees swayed in the wind. The sun's dull shine reflected off the mountain's rocks. Due to Fairview being up in the mountains, you could see the lights of London. They flickered, looking like stars.

As I continued down the hall, I realized I wasn't sure where Liam and Zayn would be. Which room they slept in last night. I pulled my phone from my pocket, with only a slight struggle, glancing at the time. 06:54. I knew they wouldn't be awake. They never woke up any later than 09:00 unless I told them to do otherwise.

I opened up my contacts, still walking. I pressed Liam's contact, knowing he would be easiest to wake up.

Hey it's Liam! Ca-

I pressed the red hang up button. I tapped his contact again, letting it ring. It went back to voicemail.

I continued to call him. Eventually the hallway ended, opening up into the front room. There were no signs of aliveness besides the guy who slept in his chair. His ropes around his waist were a bit loose, but I found myself not caring.