29

Louis' pov:

I sighed, laying across Niall's couch. He has been gone for a whole day now and my life has become very boring.

My leg dangles off the side of the couch, I stare down at Nathan with my head propped against the couch armrest. He types things into his laptop. His fingers flying over the keyboard. The silent clicking of the buttons drifting through the air.

After Niall had left, I promised Nathan the empty room. This whole time he has been spying for Harry he has been sleeping in the library. I wondered how Ro- Lucille, didn't notice him. She would be crazy enough to kill him. Just like with my mom.

I haven't thought about my mother and her death: that happened to be right in front of my eyes. I wasn't sure what to think of it. I was upset, sure. But I lived my life hating her and thinking she hated me. My brain couldn't exactly comprehend that she had loved me, and that I never knew.

It was weird to think my father and grandmother knew my mother was right under my nose but didn't tell me. And to think that my grandmother told me that my father didn't want my mother around or rather she had to 'escape' was a little confusing. Why did she come back if she thought my father was so bad? Or if he was making her life terrible enough that she needed to leave. It wasn't adding up.

Also, wouldn't I have recognized her? I remember not recognizing the girl. I think if I saw my mother I would have seen some sort of similarities especially since my father complains about how much I look like her. I wish I knew more about the situation but I didn't have the time. I needed to focus on what was happening now, and not of the past.

"Harry has told me that Niall has fit right in. He has made many friends and many more enemies." Nathan taps one last button on his keyboard and gazes up at me. "People report to Harry that he's annoying. Childish and things like that."

I scoff, pulling my leg up into the couch. I bend them in front of me, blocking Nathan from my vision. His head peeks over my knees, his hair flopping over his forehead.

"I'm glad they're being tortured by him. They treated me badly," I grumbled. I sit up, sitting criss-crossed in front of Nathan. Nathan smiles cheekily shutting his laptop.

"I suppose," he mumbles. "We should talk more about what our next step is. Do you know when you are going to go visit Harry?"

"Nope. Not one mention to me about him. I'm assuming soon," I answered. Nathan nods, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth.

Nathan's phone lights up, I try to peek at the notification but he grabs his phone before I get the chance.

"You know, you could take me shopping. Or I could take us. I need a phone. It'll be nice to text Harry on my own terms," I suggest.

"I don't have a car. It's at Harry's," Nathan mumbles, staring down at his phone screen. My finger twitches against my knee. I became slightly annoyed he was ignoring me.

"My dad got me a car just yesterday. I told you that," I replied slowly. Nathan licks his lips before clicking his phone off. He stares down at me.

"You're right. You did. We can go. This place is boring anyway," Nathan says with a shrug. I clap my hands with a grin, jumping from the couch. I prance to the coat hanger. Taking my jacket from the hook and slipping it on. Nathan jumps around the living room, attempting to slip his shoe on. I roll my eyes at him.

I bend over grabbing my keys from a bowl placed on a table beside the door. They jiggle loudly as I place them in my coat pocket. Nathan grabs his own coat, opening the door and letting me leave Niall's apartment first.