Chapter 13: Weird Feeling

SOMEONE'S POV

"Aira, just tell us. We'll find a way to make things work for you. If you find it hard to be with both Lee and me, if you constantly defy us, let's stop this."

Pinunasan ni Aira ang kaniyang mga luha. Tinitigan niya si Josh. Tila ba nanuyo ang kaniyang lalamunan kung kaya't nahihirapan siyang magsalita. Nakatitig sa kaniya ng mariin si Josh.

"You know, all we want is your safety," Josh said, his voice carrying a cold, harsh edge. As he spoke, his emotions were palpable in every word. He continued, "You're taking steps without even letting us know. Is your stubbornness really this unyielding?"

"Josh..."

"Then you'll say that we're being overbearing again and not letting you do the things you want. Having power doesn't guarantee one hundred percent safety. Aira, how many times have we had this conversation?" Josh's words held a mix of concern and frustration as he tried to reason with her.

Aira took a seat on the couch, her head bowed, still wiping away her tears that continued to flow unabated.

"We're not trying to make you appear weak, nor are we trying to make you feel like you can't be independent. Aira, I'll ask you. Can you handle being without Lee and me by your side? Do you think your strength and knowledge are enough?"

Dahan-dahang lumapit si Josh kay Aira at umupo siya harapan nito. Pinagmasdan niya si Aira, namumula na ang kaniyang mata dahil sa labis na pag-iyak. Josh held both of Aira's hands. Aira didn't answer his question and just remained silent while sobbing softly.

"Don't you appreciate the things we do for you?" Josh calmly asked. Aira met Josh's gaze.

"Aira, I don't want us to keep having misunderstandings. It seems like we're always clashing," Josh said, a bitter smile on his face as he looked at Aira's hands that he held.

"Forgive me for my behavior; I admit that I made a mistake in my actions. I acted hastily. I hope you can understand why I did it. I was just genuinely worried," he confessed, his voice reflecting the sincerity of his apology. Aira's tears stopped flowing, and she met Josh's gaze.

"Princess," Josh gently pushed Aira's hair behind her ear. He held her cheeks and gave them a light squeeze, accompanied by a warm smile.

"Don't you have anything to say? Are you still angry with me?" Josh inquired, his tone filled with a mix of curiosity and concern.

"Josh, I understand what you're feeling. I comprehend the things you've said. I know I made a mistake too by running away. I won't repeat what I did." Inangat ni Josh si Aira upang tumayo at niyakap niya ito. Unti-unti na namang umiyak si Aira nang suklian niya ang yakap ni Josh.

"Oh, why are you crying again? Stop it." Josh said with a laugh, patting her on the back. "I didn't mean to shout at you; anger got the best of me. Please forgive me, okay?"

Josh let go of his embrace and looked into Aira's eyes. "The guy you were with earlier, who is he?"

"A-ah, I just met him yesterday. I think I got lost while walking too far. It was getting late, and he kindly let me stay at his house for the night. He's really nice and didn't do anything bad to me. He even escorted me back to our house."

Aira couldn't help but feel nervous as she spoke. She was afraid Josh might sense she was hiding something from him. She didn't tell him the true reason why she met Jack because she was concerned that Josh might already know what really happened.