Chapter 26: The Deadly Bubble

AIRA

"Wake up, my sister," Kuya August said, but I just ignored him because I was still very sleepy. Didn't they feel tired from yesterday?

"Princess, wake up," he nudged me again, so I sat up and looked at him.

"What? What do you want?" I asked irritably. He sat beside me and brushed the strands of hair from my face. He smiled at me.

"Are you angry?" he asked, and I just rolled my eyes.

"No! It's just that you're bothering me early in the morning. What do you want?" He frowned in front of me.

"Nothing. Princess, can we go on a date?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"What? Why?" He smiled and pinched my cheek. I pushed his hand away. Was he just messing with me? If he was, he'll regret it. You can mess with a drunkard, but not with someone who just woke up.

"Nothing, I just want to bond with you," he said, and I pushed him away from my bed.

"Fine! Just get out of my room!" He just laughed and left my room. I just sighed and fell back onto the bed, wanting to sleep some more. I was so sleep-deprived from last night.

***

Kuya pulled a chair for me, and I thanked him as he sat in front of me. He really decided to have our date here on the rooftop. I glanced around the entire rooftop and noticed the abundance of red decorations and flowers. Kuya really went all out for this. I just smiled.

"Do you like it?" he asked with a smile, and I nodded.

"So, what are we going to talk about now?" I asked.

"Hmm, I just want to ask. Princess, do you have a crush on anyone? You know," he asked with a smile, furrowing my brow.

"No, why?" I asked back.

"Don't you like Jack?" he asked, and I avoided eye contact. Why did Jack come up in our conversation? I'm really starting to suspect Kuya. He's so weird.

"I like him, but just as a friend. He's just my friend," I replied, and he nodded.

"What about Lee? I noticed you're always together, and you're close to each other. Plus, you smile differently when you're with him. Do you like him?" he asked directly, and I was a bit surprised. Are Lee and I really that close to each other?

"W-what? I don't have feelings for him, he's just my friend," I nodded again.

"Okay, what about Josh? I'm sure you like him," he said with a grin, and I furrowed my brow.

"Kuya! What kind of question is that? I haven't liked any guy, okay? And why are you asking me like that?" I asked, annoyed.

"Hmm, nothing. I just want to know, anyway. I'll just get our food. Wait for me here, okay?" I nodded, watching him stand up and leave the rooftop. He's so annoying.

He's asking me all sorts of things. Maybe he wants me to have a boyfriend, but I'm not ready yet. I waited for a while, but he still hasn't come back. Did he really go to the kitchen?

I sighed.

I glanced at the guy who entered, and my eyes widened. He smiled at me, holding flowers. A red rose. He walked towards me and handed me the red rose.

Tiningnan ko naman siya nang nagtataka, hinawakan niya ang kamay ko at itinayo niya ako. Hindi maalis ang tingin ko sa mga mata niya, hanggang sa niyakap niya ako.

"J-Josh? Anong ibig sabihin nito?" Kinakabahan kong tanong, kumalas na kami sa yakap at hinalikan niya ako sa pisngi.

"Aira, I like you," he said, and I could see the joy in his face, especially in his eyes. My heart raced, I couldn't believe it. I furrowed my brow and flicked his forehead.