Chapter 20: The Three Darkerians

AIRA

Humikab ako at marahang iminulat ang mga mata. Naniningkit ang mga mata ko dahil kakagising ko lang. Napangiti ako nang sumalubong sakin si Kiara at hinimas ko ang fur nito. Humiga siya sa bandang leeg ko at sumiksik. Doon ko lang napansin na nandito pala si Josh sa kwarto ko. Tahimik na nakaupo lamang siya sa gilid habang pinagmamasdan ako.

"Good morning, Princess Aira..." Aniya. Nagulat ako ng bigla siyang tumayo at nagbigay-galang sakin. Tumaas naman ang isang kilay ko dahil sa ginawa niya at takang tiningnan siya.

"What are you doing?"

"Respecting the Princess of this Wonderland." Smiling he said.

"Tss. Did I tell you to respect me? You're the one I should respect because you're a year older than me."

"But you are the Queen's daughter and you have a high rank compared to me." I stared at him which made him laugh.

"Stop it! You're teasing me again. When I woke up, you were right here in my room. What are you doing here?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking about things so I ended up here without realizing it."

"Oh really? Am I what you're thinking?"

"Why would I? Tsk." He went to the door and looked at me again. "After all, you're awake, I'm going to rest in our room. Someone has prepared breakfast in the dinning area, just eat. Please tell the other members not to disturb and wake me up, I need to rest and I'm going somewhere."

"Where are you going?"

"And why should I tell you?"

"Sungit mo!"

"What?"

"I told you to rest. Who told you to watch over me all night? Looks like you haven't even slept yet. Look at your face. Go ahead, take a rest."

"Alright." And he came out of my room. I got up and made my bed.

***

LEE

I was just lying quietly behind Caelia, we are here now opposite Aira's house. Missy and Wendy had entered the house earlier but I chose to rest behind Caelia first. I was just staring at the clouds, I was just watching the snow that landed on my face.

"Lee, aren't you going to come inside? You might still be cold there and you'll still get sick." Grandpa Greg said calmly, I sat down and just smiled at him.

"Grandpa, I'm fine here."

"Are you sure? Come in later and eat breakfast." I nodded. There are already a lot of people around. Caelia's oversized might make the road even more crowded. I stood on Caelia's neck and we flew through the air.

I looked at the enigmatic bracelet on my arm. I felt sad when I remembered Dad. I miss him so much. He was the first to teach me to use my ability. It’s just fun to think of our happy memories together.

I decided to hang out on the battleground first, Caelia landed on the ground and I got off her. I was just sitting in the bleachers when I heard someone speak from behind me. I slowly turned around and saw Master Azhuro's serious face. What is he doing here.

"Master, why?" I asked. I bowed at him when he approached me.

"Are you going to do anything now? Are you going to practice here on the battleground?" I felt nervous because of the tone of Master Azhuro's speech. I averted my eyes from him for a moment and sighed.