Chapter 19: Deadly Winter Forest

AIRA

Maaga akong nagising. Bigla ko na lang naramdaman ang excitement sa isang bagay na di ko matukoy-tukoy kung ano. Mama Chyna and I talked before they left earlier and she explained to me the things I had only recently knew. I'm already dressed and I'm wearing my Winter Coat. The weather is beautiful today so this is the right day to roam around Winter Wonderland.

I went to Josh's room. Starting from now, Kuya August and Josh are together in the same room. I just slowly opened the door and peeked out. Josh and I looked at each other. He whispered that I came in so I did what he said. I sat down on the couch and I could clearly see the astonishment on his face.

"Aira, who is he?" He asked weakly as he pointed to Kuya August who was sleeping soundly on the other bed.

"Hmm, he's my older brother. He's August Devirox, he's an Earth Manipulator." I said smiling.

"How is that possible? You're just a child of Queen Chyna. How can you have a sibling? Is he adopted?" He asked again and pointed at Kuya August again. We're just weak when it comes to talking because we don't want Kuya August to wake up.

"No, he wasn't adopted. When you fell asleep while Grandpa was healing your wound, that's when I met him. Mama told me the truth and earlier we talked about it and also about Dad. Mama raised us separately. Just a long story, I'll tell you later. " Smiling I said. "Hmm, does your wound still hurt? I'm really sorry, it's my fault-"

"Don't be sorry. I don't blame you, it's my fault that I got hurt. I'm not very careful in fighting. Don't feel bad." I nodded. "Why are you dressed? Are you leaving? Are you going somewhere?" He asked. He stretched out his arms and yawned. His hair is also messy.

"I thought I'd roam around Winter Wonderland with Lee, Wendy and Missy. Get yourself ready so we can leave."

"All right. Wait a minute, I'll just take a shower."

***

Nang matapos mag-ayos ni Josh ng sarili niya, lumabas na siya ng kwarto. Sabay kaming kumain ng breakfast na sigurado akong si Mama ang nagluto. Nagkwentuhan din muna kami ni Josh.

"Have you done any new tricks with your force field ability?" He asked and chuckled.

"I haven't thought about it yet. It seems like I can only do limited things with my power. Lee and you are still good, you both have elemental powers. So I'm sure you can do a lot of tricks and techniques. You've almost mastered the use of your power and not I will deny that you are stronger. "

"What are you. Why do you think like that? I have a bigger advantage over you because I had a tutor before so I became a professional and an expert in using my power. You only recently found out about your power but you're good at rehearsing from Master Azhuro's guidance. You'll still be a big improvement, I think you're beyond the intermediate level. "

"Thanks, but don't deny that the advantages of your air power are greater than mine. You can manipulate the clouds by using strong wind forces. It's impossible not to use your power because we're everywhere else go, there's always wind. So is Lee, I think he's getting stronger because sun is one of the source of his power." I swallowed water.

Napahinto kami sa pag-uusap nang lumabas ng kwarto si Kuya August at nakita niya kami. Kakatapos niya lang din atang maligo. Lumapit siya samin at umupo sa tabi ko, nagsimula na rin siyang kumain.

"Goodmorning," I greeted him. He smiled and looked at Josh.

"You're the one watching over Aira aren't you? Thank you for not letting her get hurt and endanger her life. I'm actually August Devirox, Aira's older brother." Kuya said calmly, he and Josh shook hands.