Chapter 11: Altercation

A/N:

Super busy ko 'til next month, sa July 31 na ang graduation namin at mag-eenroll na 'ko for college. Ang bilis ng panahon! Ang dami kong kailangan asikasuhin haha, kaya baka matagalan ang update.

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 11: Altercation

AIRA

"Please don't look at me like that, it's annoying. Don't you still believe I'm one of the members? You're all taking this too far," Missy said, frustration in her voice.

Both Wendy and I remained silent, the atmosphere growing heavy as we made our way back to my grandparents' house.

"You should be grateful for me because I'm the only one possessing this kind of power. Do you even know that my abilities are stronger than elemental powers?" She continued.

"Sorry, we had no idea," Wendy replied sarcastically.

I wanted to laugh at Wendy's response but managed to hold it in. I observed Missy's reaction, and to my surprise, she chuckled a bit. I had expected her to be angry.

"Here's another fun fact about me. Did you know my father is a dergon, and I was born in Dark Wonderland?"

The three of us came to a sudden halt in our tracks. My eyes widened in shock. My hands instinctively generated a rectangular force field, creating a barrier between Missy and me.

"W-what?" Missy asked with a laugh. "You can't seriously tell me you're scared of me?"

"Is what you said true?"

"Of course not, I'm just kidding. You're so easy to fool."

Bigla na lang siyang humaglapak ng tawa at nauna ng maglakad. Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa ni Wendy at nagkibit-balikat na lang. I deactivated the force field and we followed Missy.

Missy was giving me the creeps. I still had my doubts about her. What if what she said was true? I sighed, realizing that my thoughts were going in the wrong direction. Hindi ko dapat siya hinuhugasan kasi 'di ko pa naman siya lubusang kilala.

Ayoko mang sabihin ito pero...'di ko mapigilan na mamangha sa kapangyarihan na tinataglay niya. Marami siguro siyang kayang gawin na techniques sa kapangyarihan niya 'di tulad ng sakin. Nakakainggit.

"Missy..." nilingon niya naman ako saglit.

"Hmm?"

"Are you a student as well?" I inquired.

"No, I'm not attending school," she replied.

"Why?" Her smile slowly faded.

"I can learn on my own," she responded.

"In that case, did you learn to use your powers all by yourself?" She nodded.

"In fact, I was feared. I was the only soul manipulator, and no one wanted to help me harness my abilities back then." I suddenly felt a sense of sadness and pity for her.

"But how did you learn to use your powers?" Wendy asked.

"I'd like to explain, but I'm afraid you might have a negative impression of me." Wendy and I shook our heads in unison.

"No, we just want to understand," She sighed and fell silent as if contemplating.

"I stole a scroll from Dark Wonderland."

FLASHBACK

I wiped the sweat off my brow, feeling the intense heat that surrounded me. The clothing I wore was made of thick, heavy fabric. I had no idea how to properly wear such attire, but it seemed like no one would pay much attention to me.