Chapter 4: Woman In Dungeon

AIRA

Sa isang iglap, nandito na kami ngayon sa tapat ng bahay ng grandparents ko. Napaupo si Josh at hinawakan ang braso niya. Inalalayan naman namin siya ni Lee at pumasok kami sa bahay. We settled Josh onto the couch in front of the hearth to keep him warm and comfortable. Even now, my hands trembled with fear, unable to shake off the lingering unease that had gripped me.

I couldn't help but wonder, who was that mysterious individual? What was his motivation for wanting to harm us? The questions echoed in my mind, feeding my anxiety and curiosity simultaneously.

Lee quickly grabbed some first aid supplies. I swiftly retrieved a sterile cloth and applied firm pressure to Josh's wound. He grimaced in pain, closing his eyes tightly. I discreetly wiped away the tears welling up in my own eyes, deeply concerned for Josh's well-being.

"It's not that bad, I'm absolutely fine," he reassured me.

Alam kong nagsisinungaling lang siya. Kahit sino naman siguro masasaktan kapag nasugatan ng blades.

"Are you okay?" He inquired, genuine concern evident in his voice.

"Y-yeah," I stammered in response.

"Are you sure you're not hurt?" he pressed.

"No," I replied, attempting to sound more composed.

Lee arrived with the first aid kit and immediately began tending to Josh's wound. Josh slowly opened his eyes, gazing down at his injured arm.

"I'm sorry, this is all my fault," I said, my voice filled with remorse. Josh looked at me in surprise, and even Lee glanced at me briefly before continuing to dress Josh's wound.

"You don't need to apologize to me. It's not your fault. Don't worry; I won't die from this small wound," Josh reassured me, managing a slight chuckle despite the circumstances. His ability to crack a joke in such a moment surprised us all. Lee neatly packed up the first aid supplies.

"Any idea who was chasing us earlier? Was that the Winter Sentinel?" I inquired, my curiosity overriding the fear.

"That wasn't the Winter Sentinel," Lee replied, shaking his head.

Nagkaroon ng saglit na katahimikan sa atmosphere. Natahimik silang dalawa, para silang nag-uusap gamit ang kanilang mga mata. Alam kong may bagay sila na gustong sabihin sakin o ipaalam.

"Aira, we have to tell you something," Lee said with a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"W-what is it?" I responded, my curiosity piqued.

"The entire Winter Wonderland is vast and divided into two locations. The first is this place, and the second is situated in the south," explained Josh. I listened attentively, absorbing their words.

"Decades ago, a war unfolded in the south. The dergons managed to conquer the entire area, eventually taking control. Now that place is known as Dark Wonderland. I hate to say this, but almost all the wernals they captured were turned into slaves, corrupted, and some of them lost their lives," Lee conveyed. I shuddered with fear at the gravity of what I was hearing.