Chapter 9: A Visit To Mirfield City

AIRA

Josh suddenly said, "Aira and I will leave for a moment."

"Where are you going?"

"I want to talk to her in a more private setting," Josh's voice had a chill to it. At that moment, I felt a sense of unease. Was he angry with me?

"O-okay, please take care," Lee said, looking at me with a confused expression, as if he were silently asking me something I had no clue about.

Josh reached out and held my hand. Before we teleported through the air, we bid farewell to Lee and Wendy.

By the way, I've always been fascinated by Wendy's ability to control and manipulate objects. She's also exceptionally beautiful, and her bangs suit her perfectly.

I suddenly realized that we were now inside a room that wasn't mine. Josh sat on the bed and looked at me.

"Where are we?" I inquired, feeling a sudden wave of nervousness from the way he gazed at me.

"We're at our home in Centraland," he replied.

"In that case, what should we discuss?" He sighed and gestured for me to sit beside him, so I obliged. He locked eyes with me.

"I don't want you to take our training lightly."

"I-I am serious, though," I responded, skepticism evident in his expression. "Josh, I know you have an idea about what Wendy mentioned earlier. What's the deal with the Hexad Group?"

"Your grandparents, they've formed a group with the purpose of safeguarding the wonderland and maintaining peace here. In a way, they're the frontliners in the battle."

"So... are the four of us part of that group?"

"No."

"What do you mean?"

"You're not part of the group. Your grandparents don't want you to join because they believe you don't belong. You're actually a princess; you shouldn't be involved in combat. The reason you've been training with Lee and me is solely to protect yourself."

Nainis ako sa sinabi niya. Paulit-ulit ko na lang naririnig na kailangang protektahan ang sarili ko, nakakasawa na. Nakakapagod na ring marinig ang tungkol do'n.

"Aira, there will be an evaluation once we get to know the other members. I want you to prove to your grandparents that you belong in the Hexad Group. Do you understand?" I nodded in response to his words.

"As long as you don't excel too much, I can----"

"Listen carefully, this group is not just an ordinary one. We can't fake the evaluation; you'll have to face us because your abilities will be thoroughly tested to determine your suitability for the group. Your grandparents will see right through any pretense. I'm saying this because I genuinely want you to join."

"I understand, Josh. Don't worry, I'll do my best when the day of the evaluation comes." He gave me a forced smile.

"That's good to hear because if you fail to meet your grandparents' expectations, they might never let you join the group. I pleaded with them to give you a chance, so don't waste this opportunity."