Chapter 10

Izetta's POV

I transformed fully, hurrying along silently as my limber body easily allowed me to enter the room I wanted to be in without being noticed. I jumped and used my wings to catch myself. I landed without a sound and crawled over the top of the cage. I stopped for a moment before swinging my arm down, my claws only about a crumb away from the glass. I heard a gasp. I growled lowly.

"Miss me?" I remarked before hopping over and landing gracefully on the walkway. "Thought people couldn't sneak up on you," I said, mocking him a little, but mostly still just pissed off. He grinned.

"Well, if it isn't the little lady lizard." I glared at him, stalking forward toward the control panel, slowly. I kept my gaze focused on him. "Come to interrogate me or simply because you're bored?"

"Maybe a bit of the first option." 

"And what would you like to know this time?" He laughed snidely.

"Not sure," I replied, turning away and turning to the control panel. "For starters, let's just see what I can pull up here." He paused as he saw what I was doing.

"What are you doing?" I didn't answer him. I went through the controls until I found the opening. I pulled up the button. "Stop that!" I reached to press it. "Wait!" I stopped. Now it was my turn to grin.

"So you are nervous, huh, Mr. Trickster?" He calmed down a bit, realizing I wasn't actually going to press it. Well, at least, not yet.

"What was that for?" I kept the button pulled up. I wanted him to be scared. I wanted him to know that I was done being afraid. Now it was his turn to fear me.

"To show you I'm serious," I growled. I kept my talon over the button. "What the hell am I?" He looked at me for a moment.

"So that's what you want from me."

"Seems like you're the only one who has any real idea."

"Well, why not just ask my brother?"

"He was in the same room as Stark."

"Stark? My, my, we have had a quarrel, haven't we?"

"Cut your clever shit!" I snapped, launching forward in an instant and slamming the palms of my talons against the glass. He took a step back. "You might be a damn joker, but I'm not in the mood for your stupid talk trying to get in my head. Tony and Banner are locating your precious Cube as we speak," I hissed. I took a step back. "So, the way I see it, you don't have much of a choice but you answer me."

"That will be treasonous, won't it?"

"Call it what you want, I only see that I'm getting rid of a problem," I shot back. "No leader, no army, asshole." He grinned a bit at my words.

"You're a fool if you think that will stop them."

"Well, I'm game to find out the hard way," I replied smoothly. "So...your move." 

He looked at me for a moment. It seemed like he was thinking about how he wanted to answer. I didn't like it, but I knew not to get too excited.

"I haven't the faintest idea. As far as I'm concerned, you're just a creature from a lab on another planet passed on to this one." My fangs came out. "What? You aren't pleased with that answer? And here I thought you didn't want to listen to me anymore. Or do you just want me to tell you what kind of powers you have? How desperate are you for my help? Or are you finally realizing you're nothing more than a tool to them?" I slammed my talons down, breaking the walkway slightly in my anger.

"TELL ME!!" I screamed. "What do you know!? What am I!?" He took a few steps back, startled, but there was something else in his gaze. He said nothing for a moment, seemingly lost in thought. He snapped out of it soon enough.