Chapter 17

Izetta's POV

I fell down as we arrived, a little shaken. "Holy shit! That was fast! Damn! You do that how often!?" I asked. Thor chuckled.

"Who is this one?" I looked up and immediately felt small.

"Whoa...uh..." I looked back as Thor chuckled and helped me up. "Is everybody that big?" I whispered nervously. He laughed a bit.

"No. This is Heimdall, he is the gatekeeper of our realm. He protects the main entrance to Asgard. Heimdall, this is Izetta Lynn Inora-Stark. She is of Midgard and has become a dear friend of mine." I nodded to him before I turned around and my eyes widened as I saw the broken bridge and the great waterfall just after it.

"...This is the front gate?"

"Well...desperate times called for desperate measures." He replied. I nodded slowly.

"Uhuh..."

"All of you better be off to see the All-Father." I looked back up at Heimdall. "He's expecting you." Thor nodded.

"Yes. We know." He looked back at me. "Come, Izetta. I'm sure Father will be delighted to meet you. He'll also have to thank you for saving my life." I blushed.

"Okay, I just broke some glass, it's not that impressive."

"Impressive or not, the way it was done doesn't matter. You saved me regardless of what anyone wanted or was telling you to do. And I am grateful for that." I smiled.

"Jeez, is everybody going to say that crap to me? I only had one battle that actually went right and even that was a bit of a rough start." Thor chuckled.

"My friend, you do still have a long way to go, but I promise that what I saw showed the heart of a true warrior. If anything, even though I understand your Earthly attachments, I would have still bet that you were originally of Asgardian decent if it wasn't for your abilities."

"Uh, I'm sorry, did you just say that's what doesn't make me from here? Is that coming from the guy who can fly and, just as a little side note, control lightning?" He laughed.

"I suppose you have a point!" I smiled, already enjoying this.

"You know, you're a lot more fun than I first gave you credit for. Didn't think you had a funny side, Thor!" He smiled back at me.

"There is much you will learn while staying with us, I'm sure." As we made it to the other end of the bridge, Thor gestured widely to what lay ahead.

"Izetta, welcome to Asgard!" I was stunned as I began to take in the sites, starting with the huge golden castle. I couldn't believe it. I was speechless.

"Whoa..." Thor smiled.

"I see you're impressed." I looked at him like he was nuts.

"I'm sorry, we just came from Earth and you think this is 'impressive'? I don't have the damn words!"

"Well, I would say that's a start." He said, still walking and pulling his brother along. "Keep up, Izetta! No delays today." I hurried after them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't expect me not to explore! This shit is nuts! Like, do you actually live here, or did I die back in that transportation thing and now I'm hallucinating whatever heaven you guys go to?" Thor laughed.

"I'm glad you are eager to learn!"

"That's putting it mildly." I hurried to catch up with them. I started to notice what the people here wore and I suddenly felt small in a whole new way. "Uh...damn, is everyone here this classy? I mean, I'm expensive for Earth, but I didn't think everyone in your realm had this."