Chapter 73

Thor's POV

I arrived on a strange planet. I looked around after throwing a piece of trash off of myself. I was in a massive garbage dump, but I saw a city not terribly far away. Suddenly, an alarm blared. I watched as a strange ship floated over and opened up, revealing even stranger clothed men inside. They came toward me.

"Are you a fighter or are you food?"

"I'm just passing through."

"It is food. On your knees."

I tried to summon Mjolnir, but it was then I remembered that I no longer had it. I started fighting with only my hands, but they shot a net at me. I fell to the ground as it shocked me. They started smacking me with their weapons. Another ship suddenly came and a woman emerged from it.

"He's mine." She threw the bottle she had before walking toward us and then falling off the plank into the trash. They turned back to me, but she got back up. "Wait!" I watched as she clumsily made it to her feet. "Wait! He's mine. So if you want him, you go through me."

"But we've already got him."

"...Alright. Then I guess I go through you."

They moved toward her, but, after a few smacks of her gear, she shot them all with her ship's cannons. One of them survived and attacked her, but she easily tossed him high into the air, throwing him away as I removed the net from myself.

"Thank you." Suddenly there was something in my neck. I barely had time to react before I was shocked again. I caught a glimpse of her dragging me along before I blacked out. When I awoke, I was face down against the glass of her ship. I got up as I heard her talking to someone.

"This is Scrapper 142. I need clearance and an audience with the boss. I've got something special." I glared up at her through the glass chamber.

"Hey! Where are you taking me?" She ignored me and took off the strange fob thing from her belt. "Answer me! Hey! I am Thor, son of Odin! I need to get back to Asgard!" She shrugged.

"Many apologies, your majesty." She shocked me again and I blacked out a second time.

When I awoke this time, I heard a voice. It was soothing, but annoying at the same time. I was strapped to a chair. I didn't have much time to process where I was.

"Fear not, for you are found. You are home, and there is no going back. No one leaves this place." I struggled, but it was proving difficult to free myself. "But what is this place? The answer is Sakaar." I saw a bunch of planets and galaxies all around me. "Surrounded by cosmic gateways, Sakaar lives on the edge of the known and unknown. It is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. Like you. But here on Sakaar, you are significant. You are valuable. Here, you are loved." 

"What the hell...?" I muttered as I passed through a strange planet in the illusion around me.

"And no one loves you more than the Grandmaster. He is the original. The first lost, and the first found. The creator of Sakaar and the father of the Contest of Champions." I saw images of people and creatures battling around me.

"Where once you were nothing, now you are something. You are the property of the Grandmaster. Congratulations! You will meet the Grandmaster in five seconds." I continued to struggle as everything flashed around me. "Prepare yourself." I was honestly freaking out a bit. "Prepare yourself. You are now meeting the Grandmaster!"

I screamed when everything suddenly stopped around me. I looked around, seeing weirdly dressed guards. I looked forward and saw the woman from before along with a strange man and then what I could make out to be another woman in armor on his other side. I struggled, trying to free myself.