Chapter 32

Izetta's POV

I got dressed and I headed to the library while making sure not to be seen by anyone. I walked inside and went to my secret spot. I slipped inside and I gasped as I saw that it was decorated beautifully with lights and flowers. I looked around breathlessly at the care that had been put in.

"Do you like it, my dear?" I looked to Loki as he revealed himself. He was dressed in a fine suit, not his regular robes. Of course, they were almost the same, but there were slight differences. There was a bit more color and I could tell that it was the absolute best of the best. His hair was also done nicely. It was the same style, but I could tell he did it with care. I blushed heavily as I admired, well, everything.

"Loki...you did all this?" He smiled.

"Happy Birthday, my darling." I walked over to him and he took my hands in his.

"Always so dramatic."

"Don't act like you don't adore this, my little mistress." I chuckled.

"You don't know the half of it." I looked around as he pulled me into his arms. "This is...beautiful."

"As are you, my dear." I leaned in and kissed him. He gladly returned it as I started to hear soft music playing in the background. I looked over as saw an illusion of instruments playing in the corner. I chuckled, finding the trick both cute and romantic.

"Well, that's handy." He smiled.

"Anything for you." I blushed as he stepped back, offering his hand to me. "Care for a dance, my mistress?" 

"I would love one." 

I happily took his hand as he pulled me into a waltz position. My blush only deepened when his hand rested on my hip. He was so close and I adored it. I could smell whatever cologne he was wearing. It was bold yet relaxing at the same time. I couldn't quite place it. It certainly fit him.

We danced gently together listening to the music and enjoying our time together. He wasn't a bad dancer. I didn't know what kind of things Asgardian Royalty learned. Not to mention Loki probably had a lot of different things about his education and skills than Thor, even if both of them had been raised similarly.

His movements were smooth and I was more than happy to follow his lead. I think he was enjoying being in charge a little more than he should've, but it was Loki. I couldn't really say I expected anything different. He sure did make it easy to obey at times, though. Let's just say, he was better at getting me to follow him like this than he was with his act back on Earth.

As the dance started to take an easier route for a bit, we began to talk, focusing less on fancy footwork and more on each other. Not that it was really hard to dance and talk when you weren't doing anything that required an insane amount of energy, but still.

"Was today delightful for you?" I nodded, happily allowing him to place both his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Yes. Everyone was so nice. I loved the gifts. Although, I feel a little bad not being able to celebrate with my family and friends back home. It's a lot different here for celebrations. Plus, Tony always makes big deals out of everything, so it's just kind of odd to me." He lifted my chin up.

"Don't worry about that, my dear. Today is yours. You should not bring yourself down like that. Especially on your twentieth birthday."

"You mean my 1000th birthday?" He chuckled.

"Exciting, isn't it?" I blushed a bit.

"It's...strange. More so just because I don't remember it. And what I do remember just felt like my age passed normally."