Chapter 54

Izetta's POV

I'd been having weird dreams for a few weeks now. I'd keep coming back to that same place. Sometimes those two were there, sometimes they weren't. However, they never spoke to me. The dreams would be over the moment I saw them. I didn't understand it, but something about it was really starting to bother me. Not to mention it was starting to get kinda creepy.

I hadn't told Tony and Pepper about them. I didn't expect them to understand any more than I did. Thor would know more, but I didn't expect him to be in Asgard. I doubted that 'finding answers' would keep him there. I assumed he was probably realm hopping. 

I also wasn't sure if he could help me either. I knew Odin would be able to help me more, but I had no idea where Odin was. Loki hadn't exactly told me that part. Not to mention...even if I didn't want anything to do with him, I didn't want to call him out either. It just seemed petty. We'd gone our separate ways. There was no reason for me to look back on him anymore.

However, I did have some plans for the day. I was going to go meet up with some members of my music gang. There were a few people I'd met locally that were into music with me. We all agreed that it would be cool just to chill and hang out for a day. Some of the guys had begged me to come and pick them up in one of Tony's cars, but I told them that not even I could swing that. 

Tony had been visiting again and we'd been spending time together at the Avenger's Tower. It was nice to work on things with him again. It felt like old times. I felt like a girl again, even if I was at a different place than before. It felt so good to feel like I didn't have any worries in the world. I was so happy to be spending honest time with Tony. 

This was one of the first days he'd actually had to go and do something. So, I'd decided I'd find something fun to do out in this city. Having a shopping day with some new friends was perfect. Plus, it was a chance to have some actual friends. 

I hadn't had any actual friends since Asgard. The Avengers were my friends, but it was still a little different. Plus, with all of their wildly different personalities, it could get chaotic at times. And, even though he was the technical leader, Steve was still a bit of a stick in the mud at times. I'll never let him live down that language joke though. I snickered to myself at the memory. I did miss them but now wasn't the time.

I got dressed in something casual and headed out. I decided to take a cab since I just wanted to have a casual day. I could fly or drive, but I didn't feel like it. I wanted to be human. I wanted to be the person I'd been before all this mess. I wanted to have that careless smile and feeling again. I was going to be meeting up with everyone at the outdoor mall we had close by. There were also plenty of tourist shops, food joints, and entertainment places, so we had a surplus of things to check out and do.

I made it to our meet-up spot and I saw that Madeline was already there. She was usually one of my backup singers along with Justin. Both of them could also play guitar and Madeline knew piano. I walked up to her and we hugged.

"Hey, Izz! Looking good, as usual." I shrugged.

"It's nothing special. I just wanted to be casual today, but I used to live with Tony Stark so no outfit I didn't get myself is ever under sixty dollars."

"I can believe that," She chuckled. She looked past me. "Oh, here come the guys." I turned and I saw the whole gang. Justin was messing around with Torin while Elijah and Andy both waved at us like the big dorks they were. I chuckled as we waved back, calling them over. Elijah was our man on the drums. Andy took care of the keyboard and anything that had to do with electro styles. Torin actually did violin, bass, and trumpet plus all other sorts of things. The first three were his strongest, though. He was the flexible one.