Chapter 49

Izetta's POV

We worked as fast as we could. We had to get this done. The three of us working together, luckily, was nearly unstoppable. I did the running around and plugging in while the big boys worked the programming and the monitors. I double-checked everything to make sure that no fires would start up randomly and to make sure that we weren't basically rigging up a magic nuke.

After a few more quick safety checks and some work hooking up a few more wires and things, everything seemed to be moving smoothly. It was almost time to get our new plan in motion! I just hoped it would work.

"Alright, gents! We're set!" 

"This framework is not compatible," Tony stated.

"The genetic coding tower is at 97%. You have got to upload the schematic in the next three minutes." I heard something.

"Shit, we got incoming." Steve was there in an instant with the two twins behind him.

"I'm gonna say this once."

"How about 'none-ce'?" Tony asked.

"Shut it down!"

"Nope, not gonna happen." 

"You don't know what you're doing," Steve insisted.

"And you do?" Bruce asked. "She's not in your head?"

"Steve, I know this is crazy, but you need to trust us! I know this is right! I can feel it!"

"This was your idea?" He asked.

"Partly, yes. I drew up the base, Tony added the details and did the smooth-talking."

"I don't care about that!" Steve replied.

"Well, I don't exactly trust you when you role up with these two!" Bruce snapped.

"I know you're angry," Wanda started.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." 

"...Okay, I'd give him some space," I told her. "No offense to anybody, but I've been on hook-up duty, I prefer not to switch to clean-up, alright?"

"Banner, after everything that's happened-" Tony cut Steve off.

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!"

"You don't know what's in there!" Wanda insisted.

"This isn't a game!" Steve agreed. Pietro suddenly disconnected everything.

"No, no. Go on," He retorted. I growled and transformed. "You were saying?"

"You might be fast, but that's all you are, pal," I hissed. A bullet suddenly shattered the glass below him. Clint pinned him down below.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" 

"I'm rerouting the upload!" Tony stated. I saw Cap go in for a fight. I jumped in, catching his shield and making sure it didn't wreck anything. 

"Sorry, Steve! I can't let you do this!" 

"Izetta, stand down!"

"No!" I snapped. "...I can think for myself." Wanda tried to use her powers, but Banner grabbed her.

"Go ahead. Piss me off," He warned. The fight broke out but it only lasted a minute before Thor showed up.

"Thor!" I exclaimed. "Thor, the Cradle! Please! Trust me!" I told him. 

He didn't respond, but he didn't seem to be listening to me anyway. He charged it up with his lightning. Nothing happened at first, but then it busted open and I saw something or someone emerge from it. He looked around for a second before charging Thor. Thor tossed him aside and he floated over to the window, looking out at it. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Thor stopped Steve from attacking.