Chapter 106

Loki's POV

My breath hitched as I started to smile like a child. It was impossible, but there she was. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was beautiful and I felt my heart flooding with so many emotions. However, there was one thing that didn't change.

"Did you miss me?" I jumped into her arms, nearly knocking her over as my need to hold her overtook me. She yelped, but then she laughed, hugging back. I held her so tight I thought I might break her in half. "Didn't take you for a hugger-MPH!" I kissed her, not caring who was there. I had been wishing, dreaming, praying for this moment to come and I refused to waste it. It was heavenly to have her in my arms again. My heart was racing and I had missed this more than I could ever hope to describe. After so long, I finally found what I needed. 

I pulled away after a moment, leaving her completely starstruck. She was panting with wide eyes. I was laughing breathlessly, tears in my eyes. She was so gorgeous, a true goddess. I had never felt this happy before. Still, she was clearly worried. It was obvious she hadn't been expecting me to react this way. "Loki...?" I didn't waste another second. I needed to tell her.

"I love you." Her eyes widened even more. This was the first time I had said it to her first. "I love you so much, Izetta. I always have." I saw tears in her eyes. She started to smile too. She laughed a bit at me, overwhelming joy in her eyes as she scanned my own.

"...You really thought I didn't know that?" I smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear. Her eyes were so full of life and love. She was the girl I had met so long ago. Eleven years we had been fighting and now...we had a chance. I never wanted to take this for granted. 

"I was a fool for never saying it to you like this. I had to be sure you knew. After all...there's so much you've said to me that I wish I could repay you for. But...I needed you to know it's real. My love...forgive me for being so afraid. I promise you, nothing will hold me back. Not ever again. I-" She placed a finger on my lips. She laughed again, her lip quivering a little as tears were now rushing down her face as she then cupped my cheek.

"I love you too, you clueless moron." I smiled, feeling nearly euphoric.

"Only around you." I gently wiped her tears away.

"Are you sure about that?" Our hands drifted down as we held each other close.

"Come on, a little bit of credit, please, Izz," I told her. She laughed and hearing it warmed my heart. It was truly genuine.

"Credit for what? You're still the same condescending ass I remember." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Harsh much?" She laughed again, her tears of joy just turning into pure delight.

"I never said I didn't love it." I grinned, but my heart was warmed. "After all, it's why I gave you a chance. I'm just happy that you proved it to me." I kissed her crystal.

"I missed you so much." Her eyes were brimming with emotion as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I could feel her playing with my hair.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, troublemaker. But guess what?" She leaned in and kissed my cheek. "I don't plan on going anywhere ever again." I let out a single laugh through my nose.

"Why do I have a feeling you're going to break that promise, Darling?" I mimicked her from before. She shrugged, smirking deviously.

"Were either of us ever good at keeping our word on something?" 

"Heh, no, I suppose not." She chuckled. But then her eyes scanned over me and she smirked a little differently.

"...Also, you look really damn good in this." I felt pride.