Chapter 107

Loki's POV

That day, everyone came. The word was out. Izetta was alive and the world celebrated. We didn't care if the universe didn't, the people that mattered were there and we were finally happy. Stark had immediately declared a party for her and everyone that had come earlier that day was staying for it.

She was currently getting ready. The guests were all starting to arrive. There were definitely going to be interviews with her and I was sure that things were going to get wild knowing how parties went, but it didn't matter as long as the night ended with everyone still alright and happy. I was just happy that this was actually happening.

All of it felt like a dream. Izetta hadn't told me much about the circumstances of her return, but I had been too thrilled to see her to even think about asking. Now, all that mattered was spending a wonderful night with her by my side. After a year of being apart and thinking I would never see her again, it was all I wanted and more.

I was currently fixing myself up as well. I wanted to look nice for her. I made sure to shower well and had my hair styled just how she liked it. She had always favored a few curls. Of course, that was natural for me, but I made sure, just in case. I had on a simple deep green button-up shirt, black pants, and my shined boots. The collar had a golden silk trim on it. I hoped she would like it.

I headed out and met up with my brother. He was wearing something similar, but his shirt was red and didn't have any trim. He smiled at me as I walked over.

"You look good, brother." 

"Well, that was the plan. Do you think she'll like it?" I was trying to hide my true nervousness. It had been so long since we'd been together like this, especially out in a public area. The only time we'd spent together had been six years ago for a single night. I wouldn't exactly call that fully back together either.

"Loki, Izetta isn't one to get hung up on outfits all the time. I'm sure she's just thrilled to be able to spend time with you again."

"Well, yes, that makes two of us, but I want her to be...well..."

"Impressed?"

"Yes! Thank you. Impressed. Just the word I was looking for." We both walked together as we joined the guests outside who were currently enjoying themselves at the outdoor bar and on the concrete of the gathering area. There was music and chairs to sit at along with certain games to play and other things like that.

"She will be, I know it. Come on. Let's just the others." I nodded.

"Yes." We both started to mingle with the other guests together and it was only a few minutes before Izetta's arrival was announced.

"Everyone! Please welcome your host and give a big welcome to the universe's greatest hero! Tony and Izetta Stark!" I turned as people started clapping and cheering. I was smiling at first, but my face fell as I saw what she was wearing. My heart skipped a beat. She looked astonishing.

 She looked astonishing