Chapter 42

Izetta's POV

I was sitting in my room, looking at my necklace. I felt the heaviness return. I was done with crying, but the weight wasn't going away. I didn't want to cry over him. I just felt...empty. I felt like I had lost a piece of my heart that I didn't know I had. Now that it was gone, it felt like the rest of my heart wasn't working either. As I was sitting there, I rubbed the jewel on accident. I was shocked when some strange energy suddenly popped out of it.

"What the...?" It manifested into a shape. I was stunned.

It looked around, floating in the air before looking at me

It looked around, floating in the air before looking at me. I couldn't believe it. How had I never seen this before? I reached out to touch it. It was wispy, yet it was physical at the same time. It sniffed my hand before happily twirling around my fingers.

"...Loki?" I asked. It shook its head. I floated off my hand and I saw it use the end of its tail to write a word using the blue energy. "Silk?" It nodded and I smiled at the little snake. "That's your name?" It nodded again, smiling at me. Cute. Silk was only about seven inches long.

"Are you a girl?" It shook its head. "So you're a boy? Or are you not either?" It wrote the word boy in the air and I nodded. "Well, it's nice to meet you, little fella. How come you're here?" Silk used his tail to point to my necklace. I was amazed by the power of the jewel. "Loki..." Silk nodded. "Why didn't he tell me about you? How did he even manage this? Why did he make this, er, you for me?" Silk drew a heart in the air. I frowned. "...Yeah, well...not more than himself." Silk titled his head, confused. 

Then, I heard a crash, pulling both of us out of the current conversation. I stood up quickly. "Silk, in the gem! Quick!" He obeyed, going back into the gem as I rushed outside, tucking the necklace into my shirt.

I was shocked as I saw the Iron Legion fighting my friends. I quickly joined the fight, helping Tony. I was able to protect him from the bots' attacks. "Tony! You okay!?"

"Took you long enough to hear the ruckus, Izz!"

"Just shut up and move it!" I told him, facing the droid.

I had my dagger with me. I stabbed the droid and I suddenly saw blue energy engulf it. It malfunctioned and I was stunned to see Silk, who was now somehow at least four and a half feet long, swirling around it and strangling it, biting into the armor effortlessly. I couldn't believe it. I looked down, seeing that the dagger and my necklace were glowing with blue power. What is this? Loki...what did you give me? I looked up at Silk as he finished the droid and floated over to me.

"...What are you?" Nobody had seen Silk yet other than me. He disappeared into my necklace again as a voice spoke up.

"Is everyone okay?" It was Steve. I quickly hurried down to join the others. I looked around, seeing the destruction. I was about to ask what the heck was going on, but I paused as I saw something still standing. There was one bot left.