Chapter 67

Izetta's POV

The next day started normally. I had started to get back to work on tracking what I could. I was finding a few different things, luckily. I wasn't going to make a move until Peter got back, though. I still needed to talk to him about what he knew considering the activity around New York.

However, I groaned as I remembered that I had regular shit to do. I had to go grocery shopping and I needed to get some other things done for my current job sake. I had started a small business with some of my art and I was still making money off of the music I did. I loved the art, but with the distraction and the excitement of the mission, I'd been a bit more focused on the adventure rather than the more grounding parts of my reality.

I sighed and got ready to go out. I got my bag ready, made sure my suit calibration bracelet was on, had everything I needed in my purse, and got my car keys ready to go. I headed out and hopped in, gladly heading to one of my favorite stores nearby. At least I was in no rush. Since Peter was still gone to D.C. I didn't have much else to do. 

I arrived at the store and I kept moving. I didn't really want to be stopped by anyone at the moment. I went down my list, checking off everything I needed. I was also trying to hurry because I decided to treat myself to going out for lunch. As soon as I finished shopping, I took my things back to my place and then I was off again.

I went to a simple place with some of the best American food ever. It was one of my favorite spots and I'd become a regular there. As I walked in and was taken to my signature spot, I thought about Peter again. Hey, maybe I should take him and his aunt out sometime. My treat! I bet they don't go out to the big fancy places like this too often. Not that this place is insanely fancy, but it's still expensive.

I sat down and immediately got my regular drink and my regular appetizer. The drink came out soon enough and I thanked my waiter. I lightly sipped at it as I watched the different things playing on the TVs all around. There was Football, obviously, some golf on one or two TVs, and then the usual news stuff. 

As I was sipping on my drink, my appetizer came out. I smiled and started snacking on the cheese curds. You could never go wrong with cheese curds, after all. I was content after a few, deciding to take the rest home for later, and my waiter came over to take my order. I was just about to get the newest burger combo they'd come up with when I saw the news started going crazy.

"We interrupt this program to bring you breaking news at the Washington Monument! An explosion appears to have damaged the elevator inside the tower! What's more, Spider-man is on the scene as we speak!" I was instantly locked on. What!? I was shocked as I saw Peter on the outside of the tower, clearly arguing with the state's law enforcement officers that were in the helicopter right next to him. Everyone was locked onto the TV now. 

"What the hell is he doing!?" I had no idea how I was able to just mutter that to myself since I was panicking so much. I saw him suddenly jump over the helicopter and use it to swing and crash through the window. I gasped. Shit, what's happening!? Is everyone okay!? Peter, where are you!? I would've ran out, but there was no way that I would be able to get to him, even after calling my suit. 

The silence was tense. I was holding my breath. My heart was pounding and the blood was roaring in my ears. Come on, Peter...come on! 

"...It's been confirmed that everyone is safe!" There was cheering in the entire place and I jumped up, joining them.

"YES! Way to go, Spidey!!" Luckily, nobody really noticed my excitement since I blended in with everyone else. I was so relieved and proud. I felt like I was going to pass out. However, then something popped into my head. I remember the glimpse I had gotten of when he'd jumped the helicopter. I frowned. Wait...but there's no way he could've cleared that with just a jump... No, no, I'm thinking to hard about this. I looked back at the screen, smiling. He did great today. That's what matters.