Chapter 11

Tony's POV

*Fifteen minutes earlier*

I watched as she ran off. I felt guilt. The look on her face had destroyed me. She was scared and it was my fault. I hadn't meant for this to happen. I wanted to explain to her, but it was more on how...and when now since she clearly didn't want to speak with me.

"Nice, now she's not listening to us. Great job, guys!" Banner said.

"Yeah, what a great guardian you are, Stark. I see you've taught her a lot." I glared at Rogers.

"Don't you dare tell me how to raise my-" I stopped. "...Izetta. All you would teach her is how to be proud while taking a bullet to the chest. You want selflessness? Try giving everything you made and trusting it in someone who doesn't even trust themself. I gave her everything. You're still here, Rogers. What did you give, huh?" 

"...Put on the suit. Let's go a few rounds." Thor laughed at us.

"You people are so petty...and tiny." 

"Yeah, this is a team," Banner remarked.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr. Banner back to his-" Fury was cut off. 

"Where?" He asked. "You rented my room."

"The cell was just in case-"

"In case you needed to kill me. But you can't. I know, I tried!" We all stopped. "I got low. I didn't see an end so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good. Until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk! Not to mention bringing a teenager who can't even begin to understand what or who she is and adding that to the mixture! You want to know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You want to know how I stay calm?" He asked. We all got nervous as we saw him grab the staff.

"Dr. Banner," He turned to Rogers. "put down the scepter." He realized he was holding it, but we suddenly got an alarm. I looked back.

"We got it." He set it down and headed over to the computer.

"Sorry, kids, you don't get to see my party trick after all."

"You located the Tesseract?" Thor asked.

"I could get there fastest!" I said.

"The Tesseract belongs on Asgard. No human is a match for it," Thor insisted.

"You're not going alone!" Rogers grabbed me.

"You're gonna stop me?" I asked, smacking his hand away.

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit." Suddenly, there was an explosion. We were tossed back and I fell down with Rogers. We got back up as soon as we could. "Put on the suit!"

"Yeah!" He helped me up as we ran off, hurrying to help. Damn it! And I don't know where Izetta is in this mess! Shit!

"External detention! Number three engine is down!" I heard Agent Hill over the radio. "Somebody's gotta get outside and patch that engine!"

"Stark, you copy that?" Fury asked.

"I'm on it," I replied. I turned to Rogers. "Engine three. I'll meet you there." I headed over to my suit and got ready. As soon as I was online I talked to Jarvis. "Jarvis, whatever you do, keep Izetta out of the chaos! I want her somewhere safe! You understand me?"

"Yes, Sir." I got outside and looked over the damage. 

"Stark! Stark, I'm here!" I found Cap and flew over to him.