Chapter 56

Izetta's POV

Before we left, we stopped at the gardens on a nearby peak. I couldn't believe how beautiful this place was. I remembered the gardens slightly, but not much. Everything felt new yet so familiar at the same time. I just wanted to see more. Fawn turned to me as we walked.

"These, if you remember, are our gardens where we grow all of food. We'll have some breakfast before we head out. I'm sure you're very hungry, sister." 

I followed after them as we headed to where all of the big fruit was grown

I followed after them as we headed to where all of the big fruit was grown. We ate and I remembered the taste of the special fruit. It still made my mouth water. I hadn't had fruit this good in a long, long time.

"Those were always your favorite," Varick chuckled. I smiled as I finished.

"That was amazing!" I licked the juice off my lips. "I don't think I've had something that good since...well, since I was here last!" They both chuckled.

"Back before the Light Elves fell, Alfheim was known to trade our goods with Asgard. They showed us many things in return, but now that connection has been lost," Fawn explained.

"More for us is the way I see it," Varick said, causing his twin to bump him with a chuckle. I giggled a bit too.

"Hey, um, so can I ask you guys something?"

"Of course, sister," Fawn replied. 

"How much older are you guys from me?" I asked.

"One hundred years." 

"WHAT!?" I exclaimed. "I mean I know that's not technically a long time for us, but-"

"It was mother's choice. She wanted to give us another sibling as we started to grow, so she chose to bear another child." 

"We're lucky she didn't have more than one the second time," Varick teased. 

"Mother thought it would help us learn patience and how to compromise. She wanted us to be examples so we wouldn't always bicker with each other. And it worked very well. Both of us became fully devoted to taking care of you. We loved being your older siblings." I smiled as Fawn told the story.

"And we're going to be that way again now that you're back," Varick added. I didn't think much of what he said at the time. I was just happy that they both seemed to care so much. I was still being inwardly cautious though.

We all headed out together and I was already swept away by the views at the bottom of the mountain! Everything just felt so big and so magical.