Chapter 60

Izetta's POV

Over the next week, I stayed with them, trying to learn how to get home while also improving my skills. I knew that Tony was probably freaking out. I needed a way to at least tell him I was okay. Fawn was starting to teach me how to Realm Travel, but it was hard. I had only done it once by myself on accident and I didn't even remember what I had done. 

They had done a lot for me, but I couldn't avoid it much longer. I had been doing my research about our world. They had a form of library that kept different records, spells, and just general history. There were stories and documentations of the creatures in Alfheim, but nothing was helping me figure out how I could possibly travel home faster without the Realm Travel spell.

On top of that, Varick was starting to suspect my desire to leave and I was nervous that it was making him a bit twitchy. I had to get home. There was no other way. I'd been gone too long. I wasn't going to do that to Tony and Pepper. 

However, I was finding myself torn again. Varick was actually very nice and he was a great teacher. He was talented in battle skills and he tested my battle knowledge as well. He almost reminded me of a general, but he was a lot kinder and he was willing to help me grow.

Fawn was also pulling me toward staying. She taught me so much about myself and my powers. She understood me and it felt so good to talk with a sister. I didn't feel alone. They really were my family and I didn't want to leave them, but I still had more of my family waiting for me. It seemed like everyone I met was pulling my heart in different ways. I didn't know how to decide anymore. It was so hard to choose, so I had gotten an idea. I had come up with a compromise that I hoped would satisfy everyone.

I helped Fawn make breakfast that morning. I was anxious to ask her. I wanted to ask her first so that way I could get her on board before bringing it up with Varick. I prayed it would work out. 

"You're fidgeting an awful lot, Sister," She told me. Brought out of my thoughts, I faced her.

"Sorry. I was just thinking about something."

"What's that?"

"Well..." Here it goes. "I've been away from Midgard for a while now and I think that my other family might be getting worried. I don't want to just leave without letting them know I'm okay. I was wondering if we could go for a visit? Maybe we can talk some things out together and work out a compromise." I offered. Fawn looked a little nervous.

"I suppose the two of us could go, but Varick might not want to come with. I don't know if he'll be up for the idea." 

"Sis, it'll be alright. I just...I really need your help on this. I need you to help me convince him. Please?" She sighed.

"Alright. I know that they deserve to see you and I agree that they are probably worried. I'll see what I can do with Varick, alright? You finish making breakfast." My shoulders relaxed as my body overflowed with relief. I was so glad that she was reasonable.

"Alright. Thanks, Fawn." 

I kept up my work and got the food ready as Fawn soon came back with Varick. Varick didn't look happy, but Fawn had a soft smile on her face. I was getting very mixed signals from them. Varick thanked me as I offered him his food. Fawn gestured for me to start eating. I obeyed and we all ate together in silence. I was very tense. Varick didn't seem tense, but he was definitely not pleased.

Once breakfast was over, Varick turned into his human form and did Fawn. She gave me a smile. Varick's crystal started to glow and so did Fawn's.

"Come on, Izz. We're going to see you're human family!" I smiled, thrilled.