Chapter 68

Izetta's POV

I stayed with Peter for a bit as Tony finished handling everything that had happened. Peter took his mask off and I turned back into my human form. I knew he was probably feeling really bad and nervous. I could understand that feeling, but I also knew why he'd done this. I remembered when I had felt the same way.

The sun was starting to go down as we sat together in silence. Peter seemed too distracted and nervous to speak up. I couldn't blame him. I knew that Tony was going to be coming over to us soon. I had only told him that I wanted him to wait until Tony got there. 

He came over soon enough and I bit my lip, not looking forward to this at all. I was upset that Peter had lied to me, but he was still just a kid. I knew Tony was going to be a lot harsher than I would've been if I had gotten there before Tony called me.

"Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asked.

"No thanks to you."

"Tony," I stated, trying to be a bit more reasonable. However, Peter got upset. Peter, don't-

"No thanks to me?" Great... He started marching up to Tony as Tony started to land. "Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it, but you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me! If you even cared, you'd actually be here." Tony stepped out of his suit and I frowned, knowing this was about to go from bad to worse.

"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid."

"I'm fifteen."

"No, this is where you zip it, alright!? The adult is talking!" I flinched. "What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause, that's on you. And if you died, I feel like that's on me." I stepped in.

"No, Dad. That would be on me." They turned to me. 

"Izz, that's not how this works," He stated before turning back to Peter. "I don't need that on my conscience."

"Yes, Sir..."

"Yes."

"I-I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't cut it."

"I understand." I saw how sad he looked. "I just wanted to be like you...and Izetta. I just...I wanted to prove myself like she did."

"Peter...I-" Tony cut me off.

"And I wanted you to be better." I felt terrible. "Okay, it's not working out. I'm gonna need the suit back." I was stunned as was Peter.

"For how long?"

"Forever."

"Tony!" 

"Izz, don't even argue! He went behind your back too!" Peter shook his head with a pleading expression.

"No, no, no. Please, please, please!"

"Let's have it." Tony insisted.

"You don't understand. Please. This is all I have. I'm nothing without this suit." 

"If you're nothing without this suit, then you shouldn't have it. Okay?" Tony told him. While I knew he was right, I still wasn't sure about this. "God, I sound like my dad," Tony said to himself. Peter looked very defeated.