Chapter 31

Izetta's POV

A month went by and I was so happy to be at Loki's side. Every day I trained and harnessed my new abilities. I learned everything I could about all Elven magic. I wanted to know everything so I could use it to protect the people that mattered. I knew I would have to one day. I wanted to be ready. 

Of course, every moment I wasn't spending alone or with my friends, I was trying to find Loki. Most of the time he found me, but not as himself. Sometimes he'd even posed as my friends. Of course, those ones I noticed a little faster. I also ended up helping him cover up Odin's absence. I was there when it counted. I knew it was wrong, but...I didn't want to give up what we'd started.

We also had moments when he was free to be himself around me. Every time we had a chance (when he wasn't purposefully hiding from me), we'd spend time together. I enjoyed it now with it being just us. I had always been afraid of only having one important person in my life. I'd always thought that being surrounded by friends would be the only thing I wanted, but this was different. It was the truth of what I actually needed in my life. It came in the strangest way, but I loved that too.

I was in the library. I had my special place there; a place I had created for myself to be left in peace. I had created a special den for myself that I made sure nobody knew about. It was perfect. However, my secret spot wasn't so secret anymore. Of course, that had happened to a lot of my special places now.

Right then, however, I wasn't reading. I was writing. I sometimes did this back home, on Earth. I would write whatever I wanted to that helped me display what was on my heart. Right now, that just so happened to be poems and metaphors that I thought displayed my feelings. I wanted something I could have that I could look back on and find sweet or cute. I wanted memories. It was one of my big things now since I had lost them before and I couldn't remember much still.

I had written a few different ones so far. I was the proudest of the two that were focused on Loki. I was about to start another one when I suddenly felt something slowly wriggling up my leg. I grinned, acting like I didn't notice at first. I knew exactly how to play this. I acted like I was looking over what I wrote until he made it up to my knee. I knew he was there, but I didn't look up yet.

He slowly started to rise over my book and started to smile. I still didn't look at him though. His tail tapped my book. I didn't react. He hissed and I snickered to myself. I snuck my hand around slowly as he kept trying to get my attention. I was able to grab him. He hissed louder, surprised and I laughed.

"Got ya!" He coiled around my hand, looking away from me. I rolled my eyes. "You're such a sour noodle." He hissed at me. I chuckled. "Aw, is somebody a cranky noodle?" He just stared at me, unamused from what I could tell. I giggled. I pulled him closer and let him sit in my lap. "Never thought I'd get to be a big spoon. Are you sure this isn't too cute for you're taste?" I felt him nip me and I pulled my hand back. "Hey! Now that's not very nice, Mister!" I said, poking him lightly right on his tiny snout.

He then slithered up to my book, but I held it out of his reach. "Ah, ah, ah, that's private, Sir." He turned back to me and licked the tip of my nose. I giggled. "That tickles!" He did it again. "You're such a cheeky bastard, you know that?" He looked away from me, acting offended. "Oh, come on. Now we're pouting?" I asked. He didn't move, only hissing a little. I rolled my eyes. "You know, I was planning on reading one to you later, but I guess I can't anymore." He turned around, hissing again. "Nope, you're being stubborn, so I will be too. That's the deal."

He looked away for a moment before wrapping all around my hand and cuddling it. I glared at him, holding back a smile. "That's cheating." He nuzzled the back of my hand, flicking his little tongue against it again. "Oh, now you're trying to be smooth too? Oh, you- You know what? I'm tired of having a partially one-way conversation."