Chapter 20

Izetta's POV

I went back to the gardens. Frigga had welcomed me there and she had shown me much of Asgardian flora and animals. I personally enjoyed playing with the animals and causing trouble with Odin's ravens. I fed them extra corn sometimes so they wouldn't rat me out. They were only minor pranks, but I was fairly sure Odin knew I'd done them anyway. He never scolded me for any of them, though. At least, not yet. I hoped he would never have to.

I walked along, looking around at the beauty that Frigga had shared with me. Nature was my real home. I loved it. I had been so encapsulated by all of the technology at Tony's place that I had honestly made his machines more a part of me than what actually was. Frigga had shown me just how connected I was to it. Everything about me had something to do with the life that took place outside of the walls I'd called home. She had shown me how to awake my instincts. I would always be grateful for that.

"What brings you here, Miss Izetta?" I turned as I heard her. I smiled. 

"Hello, your majesty." She smiled back at me. 

"Come to be one with nature again?" I chuckled.

"I'm always one with nature. I've learned the best of both worlds, M'lady."

"I would certainly say you have." We both sat on the edge of the fountain together. "So why are you here now?" I chuckled, looking around.

"I guess I just wanted some time to feel the sun and not have to be rushing one place or another."

"You miss your world." I paused. I looked over at her and saw the sincerity in her gaze. Frigga had become one of my teachers. I loved having her around and she was always understanding of me. She embraced everything about me and always called my abilities to be divine gifts. She was kind and, while I didn't see her as a mother, I did care for her a lot.

"...I guess it's hard not to wonder...how everybody is doing. I mean, it's been a year and a half. I miss Tony and Pepper...and if I know anything about Tony, he's probably driven himself semi-crazy by now, but...I'm afraid if I leave, I won't want to come back. Thor said we could go and ask Heimdall, and I was excited, but now I'm thinking that-"

"It might make you miss them even more." I looked up at her. I smiled a bit in embarrassment as she got it right on the nose. "You're drawn to two worlds." I frowned, my shoulders sagging a little. "You have created two homes, neither of which you want to leave or to miss." I laughed sadly.

"I guess that's one way to put it." She cupped my cheek.

"Asgard is not your home, dear. Midgard is where you belong, with your true family. You will return to them in time, I assure you. Once you have grown to be the amazing woman I know you are deep down, they will welcome you home with open arms." I smiled, her words lifting me up as always.

"I think you have a gift of always knowing what to say, Your Majesty." She chuckled.

"Well, that comes from many, many years of experience, young lady." I chuckled too.

"I know." 

We began to walk together, enjoying the garden as we kept talking. I really was happy to have her there with me. I might've been 999 years old, but I still felt like I was seventeen. In reality, I was actually physically almost 20 years old, which was slightly off to what we'd predicted on Earth. I was an oddball in all forms of the word, so that wasn't surprising. I'd be turning '20' on my 1000th birthday. I'd also learned that Thor was in human years only 25 years old. It was interesting, to say the least.

As we walked, Frigga asked about my progression. I happily told her about all the things I'd been learning and how Odin had let me go with Thor earlier that day to help him in battle. Frigga was pleased to hear how far I'd come. She was always happy with my progress, telling me how proud I should feel. I would always tell her that keeping it modest was probably the best for me.