Chapter 16

Izetta's POV

I leaped onto one of their hovercrafts and tore through both of them. I ripped one's armor off and, as the other got ready to fire, I used his friend as a shield. The first beast was killed and I threw him aside. I roared furiously and launched at the second. I tore out his throat and threw him off. I used my back talons to grip onto the hovercraft. I flew up and twirled, throwing it as hard as I could into four more that were coming at me. I roared again, putting everything into it. Some of them roared back, others jumped back, looking afraid to face me. I glared at them. No more nice girl.

I kept fighting as hard as I could, shredding one after another. I would rip up one and then send several more falling down to the ground. They had stepped up to the wrong plate now. I was fed up. I was pissed off. I was stronger than ever.

Soon, I saw Natasha on one! She had at least five chasing her. I took off. I had to help her take some of them down before they shot her down instead. How she even got onto one of those things was beyond me. 

"Nat! I'm on your six! Pull up when I give the signal!"

"Got it!" I got my flares ready.

"Ready?" I started. Jarvis fired them. "NOW!" She pulled up and all of them went crashing down. I cheered happily. "Yes! It worked!"

"Good call, Izetta! Keep it up!" I smiled, but then a huge blast fired behind me. I shrieked, barely dodging it. I turned and I saw the devil himself. I growled angrily.

"I got the damn Joker on my ass!" He fired again with his staff. I dove down and then did a hard right, turning past the Stark tower. "He's not letting up!"

"Hang tight! We're kinda busy here!" Steve said.

"Everyone's busy, Captain! Tell me something new!" I replied. I dodged again. "These blasts are too heavy for me to try and counter!"

"I have more on me! I need backup!" Natasha tuned in again. I growled.

"I can't shake Loki!"

"Hawkeye!" I heard Natasha again. "Little help!" I grinned.

"I got Natasha! You get mine off my ass and I'll clean up the rest!" He said nothing for a second.

"I got him." I saw Loki's ship explode soon enough. He landed back up at the top of the tower and I raced after Natasha. I gladly tore through the ones chasing her and she headed up to the tower.

"Nice shot, Barton!" I called.

"I always have a nice shot."

"Yeah! I got that! Believe me!" I flew up to the tower again. I landed gently. I growled as I saw him there.

"Loki." He looked up at me.

"So...back again?" I growled louder.

"Back once and for all, you disgusting cretin!"

"I believe you are the cretin! And you are still only a foolish girl!" I smirked.

"Oh yeah?" I heard a roar from down below. "Well, I beg to differ. Because anyone who thinks they can go one on one with this is probably the biggest dumbass I've ever met."

"Don't be so cocky, girl." I chuckled.

"I'm not talking about me, pal." I dodged to the side. "All yours, big guy!" Hulk came up and busted him right through the glass. I hurried after both of them, providing backup just in case. Really doubt he needs it, but he's pulled tricks before.

"ENOUGH!" Loki screamed suddenly. Hulk and I paused for a moment.

"You are, all of you, beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature! And I will not be bullied by-" Hulk picked him up and smashed him around a few times before slamming him into the floor two more times and leaving him there. He began to walk over to me.